Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO
Company: Society of Actuaries
Posted on: November 18, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO of
the association. Provides a wide variety of administrative and
project management assistance to the CEO. Provides time management,
travel planning, and support for the CEO, as well as support for
the CEO's involvement in outside board and other business-related
responsibilities. Proactively supports CEO in administration of key
functions including meetings and project reviews with senior
managers; prepares drafts of email responses and remarks for
various requests; prepares presentation decks for meetings and
events; and prepares and/or proofreads correspondence from the CEO.
- Utilizing principles of effective time management, works with
the CEO to manage his/her business calendar including scheduling
meetings, conference calls, event participation, and daily time
allocations to various activities.
- Makes all necessary travel arrangements for the CEO's business
travel, including booking flights and hotels, arranging ground
transportation, and otherwise managing travel arrangements. Uses
TripIt as an itinerary travel aid for CEO.
- Maintains CEO's travel expenses and credit card receipts for
monthly processing and prepares spreadsheet for credit card
statements. Prepares and processes all cash reimbursements for
CEO's business expenses.
- Reviews and prepares for the CEO's signature all credit card
statements, travel approvals, and continuing education
approval/reimbursement requests submitted by his/her direct
reports. Provides reminders to CEO to approve pending time-off
requests from his/her direct reports.
- Works with CEO and with other staff to schedule meetings with
his/her direct reports and others as needed to review progress on
projects, performance appraisals, and a wide variety of other
business matters. Assembles all related background materials needed
for these meetings by maintaining daily electronic folders. Works
with CEO to manage follow-up on assignments or outcomes from these
- Prepares PowerPoint slide decks for presentations by the
- Drafts CEO correspondence, outlines, or supporting material for
reports on routine matters.
- Provides administrative support for the CEO's involvement in
outside organizations arising out of his/her role as the CEO.
Examples include providing scheduling and arranging travel for the
CEO's service on outside boards of directors, task forces, and
participation in CEO events of the Association Forum and American
Society of Association Executives (ASAE).
- Provides support for the CEO in adapting and effectively using
all technology systems provided by the SOA for work purposes. Works
with the CEO and ITS to ensure that appropriate password and
security controls are maintained, appropriate backups are completed
as needed, and that new technologies are adopted for the CEO's work
in a timely and appropriate way.
- Works with outside vendor, CIBT, to process VISA and Passport
applications for CEO and Board Presidents.
- Effectively manages all document filing for CEO utilizing the
existing physical filing system in main office and by maintaining
the existing electronic daily filing system. Manages updates to
Executive File Log in Smartsheet.
- Manages logins, reward cards, and subscriptions for CEO.
- Provides back-up administrative support to the Chief
Administrative Financial Officer (CAFO). NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors and accepts Presidential conference room scheduling
requests in timely manner.
- Monitors and requests supplies for Executive kitchen and
- Orders general office supplies for Executive office area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of
training, education and experience will be considered):
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred and a minimum of five years'
experience supporting a chief executive or other senior officer in
an organization of comparable size and complexity. Previous
experience in an association environment with significant volunteer
involvement is also highly preferred. The ideal candidate will also
have experience working with a board of directors or other
significant outside authorities to whom the officer is
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Requires excellent organization and project management
- Demonstrated ability to follow up and keep projects and
assignments on schedule.
- Requires intermediate to expert-level knowledge of Microsoft
Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and of the
use of various mobile communication devices and web applications
including Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Requires the ability to adopt and make effective business use
of new applications and technologies to support the activities and
needs of the CEO. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly intelligent, perceptive, adaptable, and flexible. Must
be highly professional in approach, communication, and bearing.
Able to thrive in an environment where change is frequent and
responds effectively in a low key and measured way in pressure
- Requires the ability to exercise significant discretion,
confidentiality, and care in the handling of sensitive or
confidential business information.
- Requires an ability to establish and maintain positive, open,
and approachable working relationships with volunteer association
officers, members of the Board, and other staff. Must have ability
to maintain time management priorities and to "say no" as may be
needed in a manner that will preserve good relations and strong
- Requires a highly flexible work schedule that can adjust and
respond to varying requirements needed to get the necessary work
completed. Must be willing and able to provide occasional
"off-hours" or weekend support, for example when the CEO is
traveling internationally (e.g., different time zones) or during
weekend Board and other meetings of the CEO.
- Must have an executive support presence and approach, including
the ability to anticipate and respond to support requirements in
advance of their need, including appropriate follow-up.
- Ability to work well on a team, carrying out one's own duties
effectively while working closely with others to achieve team
- Must demonstrate a desire and ability to learn new skills and
to assume new assignments as may be required or beneficial for the
organization. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office and occasional remote work environment. The bulk of this
position's work will be done on-site in the office
- Exposure to long periods of sitting
- Flexible schedule
- Occasional overtime PHYSICAL ABILITES:
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, liftingThe SOA
will provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for
employment regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion,
age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental
or physical), genetic information, military or veteran status,
marital status, order of protection status, gender identity, sexual
orientation or any other category protected by applicable law. Such
action shall include but is not limited to: initial consideration
for employment; job placement and assignment of responsibilities;
performance evaluation; promotion and advancement; compensation and
fringe benefits; training and professional development
opportunities; formulation and application of human resource
policies and rules; facility and service accessibility; and
discipline and termination. This job description in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to
follow other job-related instructions and to perform other
job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state
and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be
subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable
state and federal laws.
Keywords: Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg , Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO, Administration, Clerical , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!