Company: Society of Actuaries
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Marketing SpecialistThe Marketing Specialist, reporting to the
Marketing Manager, Education, is responsible for the development
and tactical implementation of education, acquisition, engagement
and certification program marketing plans for the SOA. The
Marketing Specialist will plan, develop and create effective,
high-quality marketing communications and collateral to increase
awareness, engagement and conversion of key target audiences
critical to the success of the assigned initiatives and programs.
The Specialist will work in cross-functional teams and be hands-on
in executing projects and tactics on a variety of SOA programs,
products and services. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Marketing Manager in the development and
implementation of multi-faceted marketing plans to promote assigned
products and services with targeted campaigns to meet and exceed
budgeted goals, objectives and KPIs. This includes, but is not
limited to, education, acquisition and engagement activities,
certificate programs, virtual and live events to individuals and
- Meet with internal stakeholders to gather details and
understand program/event/product promotional needs; build effective
marketing and promotional plans, track results and update marketing
tactics as needed. This includes creating schedules and
coordinating workflow to ensure smooth implementation and timely
completion of projects.
- Provide content and creative direction for the development and
ongoing maintenance of effective and engaging marketing collateral
for digital, email, web, and occasional print. This includes copy
development, editing, proofreading, and partnering with the
Communications team to ensure that marketing materials and
properties stay on-message and are error-free.
- Work with internal and external design and agencies on the
development, review and refinement of campaigns, collateral and
communications for various audiences.
- Schedule, build and deploy emails, multi-step email marketing
campaigns and automated journeys that incorporate segmentation as
part of the promotional execution of marketing plans via the
Marketing Automation System.
- Communicate and present project status to stakeholders and
prepare regular strategic campaign effectiveness reporting with
recommended improvements, enhancements, and testing strategies for
- Conduct market scanning and secondary research to gather and
analyze key market and competitor information, and source for
prospects to extend marketing reach in relevant industries.
- Coordinate marketing-related communications and activities with
external organizations partnering on collaborative projects.
- Staff the SOA booth at various education, candidate and student
events to promote member engagement, relations, acquisition, and
products and services.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills to simultaneously
handle multiple projects at varying stages of development in order
to meet deadlines. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent
amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- Requires bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or a
- Requires a minimum of (5) five years direct experience in
program/product/event marketing or marketing communications,
preferably in a professional association or non-profit
- Experience in formulating and implementing product marketing
plans, including launching new products and driving response.
- Familiarity with different marketing tactics and tools,
including direct marketing, social media and digital experience.
Experience with Eloqua marketing automation platform and
EPiServer/Optimizely web content management is a plus.
- Strong understanding of market segmentation and achievements in
building response rates and other desired measurements across
- Requires strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software,
including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and strong working knowledge
of AP Style.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 5-10%. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Sound analytical skills to track results of tactics and
campaigns, provide analysis and make appropriate
- Excellent relationship skills to serve and function effectively
as a member of an interdisciplinary and multi-talented team.
- Ability to anticipate project needs and potential roadblocks,
and proactively propose resourceful solutions to mitigate
- Exhibit strong initiative and the ability and willingness to
understand and support strategic and operational initiatives of the
- Organizational abilities and attention to detail are critical
- Experience working with technical subject matter experts to
develop communication materials is preferred.We are moving to a
hybrid work model in December. Our future plans for growth include
the opening of a Chicago office.The SOA will provide equal
opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment
regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, age, sex,
pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental or
physical), genetic information, military or veteran status, marital
status, order of protection status, gender identity, sexual
orientation or any other category protected by applicable law. Such
action shall include but is not limited to: initial consideration
for employment; job placement and assignment of responsibilities;
performance evaluation; promotion and advancement; compensation and
fringe benefits; training and professional development
opportunities; formulation and application of human resource
policies and rules; facility and service accessibility; and
discipline and termination.This job description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to
follow other job-related instructions and to perform other
job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state
and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be
subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable
state and federal laws.
Keywords: Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg , Marketing Specialist, Advertising , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!