Senior Marketing Specialist
Company: Society of Actuaries
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Senior Marketing SpecialistThis is a hybrid role which can be
based in our Schaumburg or downtown Chicago office. The Sr.
Marketing Specialist, reporting to the Marketing Manager, is
responsible for the development, management and tactical
implementation and report of marketing plans for the SOA. He/she
will plan, develop, and create effective, high-quality marketing
communications and collateral with a strong focus on email to
increase awareness, engagement, and conversion of key target
audiences critical to the success of the assigned programs and
initiatives. He/she will work in cross-functional teams and be
hands-on in executing projects and tactics on a variety of SOA
programs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Recommend, develop, and implement multi-faceted marketing plans
to promote assigned programs and services with targeted campaigns
to meet and exceed budgeted goals, objectives and KPIs. This
includes, but is not limited to, professional development/education
activities, virtual and live events and sponsored events to
individuals and organizations.
- Lead Google Analytics reporting on all marketing campaigns,
including but not limited to, setting up meaningful UTMs that roll
up into a campaign that can be read over time, log on to Google
Analytics, find the campaigns, understand numbers, and use them to
report over time, and find Google Analytics paid ads, review the
performance, look for optimization opportunities.
- Meet with internal stakeholders to gather details and
understand program/event/product promotional needs; formulate
effective marketing and promotional plans, track registrations and
update marketing tactics as needed. This includes creating
schedules and coordinating workflow to ensure smooth implementation
and timely completion of projects along with creative problem
- Gather and prepare content and offer design direction for the
development and ongoing maintenance of effective and engaging
marketing collateral for digital, email, web and occasional print.
This includes copy development, editing, proofreading, and
partnering with the Communications team to ensure that marketing
materials and properties stay on-message and are error-free.
- Develop, schedule, build and deploy email marketing campaigns,
and automated journeys that incorporate segmentation as part of the
promotional execution of marketing plans via the Marketing
Automation System, employing A-B testing and campaign automation
strategies whenever possible.
- Communicate and present project status to stakeholders and
management and prepare regular strategic campaign effectiveness
reporting with recommended improvements, enhancements and testing
strategies for future campaigns.
- Collaborate with market research to support primary research
for assigned areas. Conduct market scanning and secondary research
to gather and analyze key market and competitor information, and
source for contacts to extend marketing reach in relevant
- Coordinate marketing-related communications and activities with
external organizations partnering on collaborative projects.
- Excellent project management skills to simultaneously handle
multiple projects at varying stages of development to meet
- Staff the SOA booth at various professional development events
to promote member engagement, relations and products and
- Other duties as required or requested. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and
experience will be considered):
- Requires bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a
- Requires a minimum of (5) years direct experience in
program/product/event marketing or marketing communications,
preferably in a professional association or non-profit
- Experience in formulating and implementing product or event
marketing plans, including launching new programs and driving
- Experience with different marketing tactics and tools,
including direct email marketing, social media, and digital channel
experience. Experience with Eloqua or Marketo marketing automation
platform and EPiServer/Optimizely is a plus.
- Strong email and marketing experience desired, understanding of
of market segmentation and achievements in building response rates
and other desired measurements across channels.
- Requires intermediate-to-expert knowledge of Microsoft Office
software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and strong working
knowledge of AP Style.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 5-10%. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Strong analytical skills to track results of tactics and
campaigns, provide analysis and make appropriate
- Forward-thinking and innovative in recommending new marketing
approaches and strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship skills to serve and function effectively
as a member of an interdisciplinary and multi-talented team with
the ability to seek out and take advantage of opportunities.
- Ability to anticipate project needs and potential roadblocks,
and proactively propose resourceful solutions to mitigate
- Exhibit strong initiative and the ability and willingness to
understand and support strategic and operational initiatives of the
- Organizational abilities and attention to detail are critical
- Experience working with technical subject matter experts to
develop communication materials is preferred. WORK ENVIRONMENT
(environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with
the performance of the functions of this job.)
- High amount of time viewing computer
- Hybrid office environment - part office, part remote
- Ability to work in noise levels found in cubicle atmosphere The
SOA will provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants
for employment regardless of actual or perceived race, color,
religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry,
disability (mental or physical), genetic information, military or
veteran status, marital status, order of protection status, gender
identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by
applicable law. Such action shall include but is not limited to:
initial consideration for employment; job placement and assignment
of responsibilities; performance evaluation; promotion and
advancement; compensation and fringe benefits; training and
professional development opportunities; formulation and application
of human resource policies and rules; facility and service
accessibility; and discipline and termination.This job description
in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be
required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform
other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable
state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may
be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable
state and federal laws,
Keywords: Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg , Senior Marketing Specialist, Advertising , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!