Company: Misumi USA
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Product EngineerLocation: Schaumburg, ILType: Full TimeMin.
Experience: Entry LevelThe Product Engineer will promote sales of
MISUMI custom products and key initiatives through design
communication with customers by email, phone, and visits;
manufacturing coordination, and special engineering related
projects as needed.
- Handle custom quoting opportunities between customers and
internal departments (domestic and overseas) to capture new
business and support existing business.
- Review customer drawings for completeness and validate
- Help customers expedite manufacturing in special cases.
- Work with CAD/CAM outputs to solve quality issues for
- Maintain key initiative progress and VOC via internal daily
logs and/or databases.
- Clearly communicate customer requirements such as product
specifications and delivery schedules to the backend manufacturing
to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide internal and external technical design support and
education for products including materials, finishes, fits,
tolerances, and sizing via phone, email, and internal training as
it relates to internal key initiatives (digital
- Ensure compliance to quality; work with Customer Service and
Procurement on quality claims.
- Promote and educate customers including design engineers,
mechanical engineers, buyers or other professional and technical
personnel on custom products and services to increase sales.
- Present technical subjects in Lunch and Learns and support with
- Provide product and design support including manufacturing
capability and capacity to increase usage in customer designs.
- Work collaboratively with Sales and development team to achieve
growth goals and understand market requirements to drive
- Create presentation materials for Customer Visits, Shows, and
- Other responsibilities may include supplier and manufacturing
development, manufacturing kaizen, product development, or as
needed by the organization.
- Travel requirement between 10-25%, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Automation, or Industrial
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong experience in low volume, drawing based business model
within machined, assembled, fabricated, and welded components.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software (SolidWorks, NX).
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledgeable with SQL, CRM software, VB, VBA (plus).
- Sheet metal design, manufacturing (laser/bend), and welding
experience a plus.
- Knowledge of machined components experience a plus.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and conflict
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively
as part of a team.
- Highly motivated, organized, responsible, possess leadership,
and results oriented.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment
MISUMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any
other protected status under applicable law.
Keywords: Misumi USA, Schaumburg , Product Engineer, Engineering , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!