Lead Big Data Engineer
Company: US Cellular
Posted on: January 5, 2021
Lead Big Data Engineer - INF001430
The Lead Big Data Engineer is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for
Hadoop and Kafka administration in order to establish, install,
maintain, monitor, troubleshoot and train others in these
technologies. Ideally, this person will also have the desire to
learn and become proficient in AWS, EDB Postgres, Citus and MongoDB
technologies within our cross functional team. This role focuses on
driving standards and automation to enable developers to become
self-sufficient where possible. Additional functions are to drive
quality improvement practices to ensure our technology is
functioning at an optimal performance level, flexible for business
needs and can scale for growth needs. Lastly, the Lead Big Data
Engineer focuses on facilitating cross training practices for this
team as well as others who wish to learn more about how to use
these technologies. Of note, this role and team operates in more of
an administration/engineering capacity than in a development
capacity with these technologies.
- Drive strategy to integrate data and Interface with vendors
operational team to manage Customer Experience Platform data
- Analyze, identify, and determine the existing processes for
capturing and updating data elements.
- Develop logical and physical data models for Big Data
- Provide guidance and set standards for teams to write data
pipelines and build data repositories using current
- Monitor and optimize performance of Big Data platforms.
- Research/sustain competency relevant to current technology to
maintain and/or improve functionality for Engineering
organization's Big Data applications.
- Represent both IS and Engineering teams in architecture and
solution discussions related to Big Data systems.
- an and Coordinate ongoing maintenance and enhancements to
existing Big Data systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information
Technology or related discipline, or equivalent work or military
- Minimum 8 years of experience in data, categorization, and
policy related business positions.
- 3 years' experience with Big data related principles,
practices, and procedures.
- 3 years of Data Management experience (SQL, NoSQL, ETL and meta
- Experience working with application developers to understand
their needs in order to help them to access Big Data
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum.
- Experience with managing Big Data Platforms (Hadoop - HDFS,
Impala, Hive, Hbase, Spark, Yarn, Hue, KTS, Sentry, ZooKeeper,
- Experience with partitioning within Hadoop
- Experience with creating, managing and supporting event driven
- Experience with managing EDB/Citus (Postgres or MongoDB)
- Experience with managing AWS and supporting it
- Experience with RESTful API, Services.
- Experience with Linux systems and scripting languages.
- Experience with functional programming (Scala, Python).
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL
U.S. Cellular-- is an EEO employer and gives consideration to
qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: US Cellular, Schaumburg , Lead Big Data Engineer, Engineering , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!