Senior Business Solutions Engineer
Company: US Cellular
Posted on: January 10, 2021
Senior Business Solutions Engineer - ENG001508
Please Note: This role can be based in either Knoxville, TN or
This position is largely a customer facing role, requiring a highly
consultative approach to technology and US Cellular's Internet of
Things (IoT), Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and business solution
offerings. This role is the specialist (SME) for IoT and M2M
implementation technologies. This IoT/M2M role will be responsible
for providing technical solution analysis, introduction of current
design options, feasibility study, best fit options, analysis and
low-level design for ongoing support. Daily activities included
pre-sales support and solution acceptance support. The position
will have strong collaborative partnerships with Sales, Marketing,
Architecture and Systems Engineering!
- Establishing and maintaining trusted technical advisory
relationships with customers to solution, engineer, close and
deliver completed IoT & M2M solution. Identify changes needed in
the customer-servicing the IoT M2M infrastructure configuration to
achieve the technology organization goals.
- Analyzes network & system response and resolves tuning
recommendations to improve performance. Lead effective issue
identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for
customer-servicing IoT infrastructure-related implementations.
- Develops Low Level Design Docs for each custom partnership for
acceptance and ongoing support. Develop engineering guides for LLD
solutions. Implements and delivers on closed M2M/IoT business
- Handles and operates the IoT/M2M infrastructure through issues
resolution and changes. Leads development of full test plans and
performs full lab and integration testing on all business
solutions. Leads and develops plans for UScellular's customer
- Acts in a project management role for delivering on a customer
solution for IoT/M2M. Interacts with Sales and Marketing to
architect the network or system solutions for our
customer-servicing IoT, M2M's infrastructure.
- Develops network and system performance tools and assists with
integration of them into the existing infrastructure. Craft an
effective test plan for any new/changed (IoT/M2M) infrastructure.
Assist in identifying process improvement areas and develop the
- Determines Key Performance Indicators and infrastructure
standards. Research current industry technology to better
facilitate vendor and partner communications. Actively finds
opportunities for revenue growth and developing outstanding
- Evaluates new product/solutions for inclusion in our M2M/IoT
customer-servicing network. Assembles multi-functional workgroups
of key stake holders to provide the direction of Customer
Bachelor's degree in related technical/business area is required.
Minimum 6 years meaningful/relevant work experience in implementing
IoT/M2M solutions and or/demonstrating extensive knowledge of these
technologies and supporting infrastructure.
Understand the relevant IP, Routing, Networking and 4G
technologies. Understanding of the business and IoT & M2M industry.
Excellent presentation skills demonstrated in front of customers
and leadership. Excellent skills in communication written and
verbal. Experience re-engineering/process improvement. Strong
project management experience.
Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of
analytical tools. Ability to build/define metrics that accurately
reflect the current state of a given process or operation.
Experience supporting critical infrastructure in a fast-paced
- Cisco Hardware: Cisco 2900, CRS, Nexus, ASR1K
- Other Network Hardware: Juniper firewalls, Juniper Routers
- Transport Protocols: MPLS, IPSEC, GRE Tunneling, L2TP, Radius,
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP, MPLS, 802.1Q, QoS, Multicast
- Routing Protocols: BGP, L2 and L3 VPN
- Network Applications: CiscoWorks, Cisco WAN Manager, Monitoring
tools (i.e. Openview, Netcool), Performance monitoring tools like
MRTG, Infovista), CiscoSecure, IP management tools, DNS
- Core Network Technologies: 3G (1X/EVDO) & 4G (LTE), IP Subnet
Management for Dynamic and Static
- Business Applications: Remedy Ticketing, Citrix
- O/S and Software: Windows XP, Solaris, BSD, SSH, VPN
- Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise is helpful.
Job : Engineering
Location(s) : Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TN
U.S. Cellular-- is an EEO employer and gives consideration to
qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: US Cellular, Schaumburg , Senior Business Solutions Engineer, Engineering , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!