Process Controls Engineer (Air Separation)
Company: Linde - Technicians and Engineers
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Process Controls Engineer (Air Separation) Burr Ridge, IL or
About Linde:Linde is a leading global industrial gases and
engineering company with 2021--sales of $31--billion. We live our
mission of--making our world more productive--every day by
providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which
are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and
protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are
used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for
hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit--.
Job Overview:Linde Gases US (LGUS), a division of Linde, is
currently seeking a Process Controls Engineer based out of either
the OES-Controls office in Burr Ridge, IL or Tonawanda, NY. This
position will be responsible for the support of process
control--and monitoring systems for our air separation
facilities--within Linde's Small Onsite (SOS) organization.--This
position will report to the OES-C SOS Manager.
- This position requires a basic understanding of a continuous
chemical production process, proficiency with process control
content of P&I diagrams and working knowledge of schematic
wiring diagrams, primary instrumentation background with experience
with control system electrical and instrumentation components
(valves, analyzers, field sensors, control panels, etc.).
- The successful candidate will provide primary control system
hardware/software support, instrumentation, and process
engineering/optimization to a variety of field personnel including
Operations Technicians, Instrument Technicians, and various members
of Operations management.--
- This role includes tasks such as training, troubleshooting,
supporting various environmental regulations & reports, root cause
analysis, and preventative/corrective maintenance focusing on all
areas of the advanced control system.--
- The successful candidate will demonstrate significant technical
independence, excellent project management skills and leadership in
development of control system applications and safety
- The successful candidate will make technical decisions based on
a full awareness of viability, cost, and other benefits.--Develops
and implements innovative solutions.--
- The successful candidate will execute small to medium scale
engineering projects from design to implementation in accordance
with our Linde engineering policies.
- The successful candidate will perform project engineering
maintenance and participates as a key contributor on project and
technical teams and may provide technical guidance to others as
- This role will have off-hours support as necessary to resolve
issues during non-working hours and holidays with 10-25% travel the
- Associate or Bachelors degree in a technical field with 3-5
years of experience, or equivalent work experience
- Basic understanding of a continuous chemical production
- Practical application experience with the Allen-Bradley control
system product line (e.g. PLC5, SLC500, CompactLogix, ControlLogix,
- Proficiency with process control content of Process &
Instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
- Working knowledge and experience with control system electrical
and instrumentation components (e.g. valves, analyzers, field
sensors, control panels, etc.)
- Proficiency with Schematic Wiring Diagrams (SWD)
- Background with air separation processes
- Background with control system support and maintenance of PLC
based--systems--for--real time operations
- Advanced process troubleshooting experience.
- Practical application experience with the GE HMI Suite (e.g.
iFix, Workspace, etc.)
- Practical Networking experience including LAN/WAN/Router
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent.--To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde - Technicians and Engineers, Schaumburg , Process Controls Engineer (Air Separation), Engineering , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!