VAVE Engineer SMTT
Company: Charles Industries, LLC
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Looking for a growing company? Amphenol Charles Industries (ACI)
could be the company for you. ACI is a manufacturing and technology
company based in Schaumburg, Illinois with six North American
manufacturing centers. We offer a comprehensive line of active and
passive, metallic and non-metallic environmental enclosure
solutions for communications and power distribution applications.
We are currently seeking to add a Value Analysis/Value Engineering
(VAVE) Engineer to our Engineering Department. This position can be
based at Schaumburg, IL or Nogales Mexico facilities. The VAVE
Engineer will be responsible for identifying VAVE products that
produce a high-profit margin and greater value to our customers.
This is a role that will provide the opportunity to work
cross-functionally with other business areas including Marketing,
Sales, Manufacturing, Sourcing, and Quality. It will require you to
have ambition, drive, strong engineering fundamentals, with
enthusiasm in the product design and cost arenas. A highly
entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the
industry is desirable. A strong drive to grow both personally and
professionally is ideal for this role. You will possess the
capability to align product growth with the overall strategic
game-plan as well as have the competence to complete the day-to-day
tasks.Specific Duties will include:
- The incumbent will be focused on VAVE for all products
manufactured at B-Line. Execute 4-6 projects simultaneously from
concept through to launch. Utilize manufacturing background to
drive designs toward manufacturing capabilities
- Identify and execute cost out projects to drive VAVE
- Maintain and upgrade existing products
- Utilize manufacturing knowledge to uncover new
- Assist with 3rd party certifications and develop and test
prototypes for new product ideas as well as create product
- Partner with quality assurance to establish product quality
standards consistent with the needs of the market
- Create and maintain project development plans as well as create
and execute Engineering Change Notices (ECNs)
- Lead competitive product tear-down analyses to evaluate
competition's product designs and manufacturability to determine
the strengths and weaknesses.
- Promote design for manufacturability by working with engineers
and suppliers to review/ modify tolerances/specifications on both
new and existing designs.
- Lead cross-functional teams to design, develop, test, and
redesign existing products.
- Review manufacturing and internal processes to look for areas
of improvement and determine opportunities for cost
- Interact with category leaders, marketing, sales, and
manufacturing with an emphasis on defining Value.
- Analyzes product design data to determine conformance to
established design selection criteria, use of standardized parts
and equipment, and design-to-cost ratio.
- Drawing / Design package preparation / release
- Customer Contact / Customer Presentations
- Setting personal daily work schedules in accordance with
assigned tasks, deadlines, and priorities.
- Perform assignments independently, with only minimal guidance
from the applicable Supervisor and/or ManagerQUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a General, Mechanical or
Electrical Engineering is required, a Technology or manufacturing
degree will be considered.
- 2-5 years of CREO/Windchill is desired, experience with another
3D CAD system will be considered
- Accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is desired
- Project management training/certification is desired
- 2+ years of experience in product development is required in a
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail. Ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration and
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of computer systems including personal
computers and software programs (such as Microsoft Office including
Excel, Project, and Visio).
- VAVE experience desired
- DFSS Experience desired
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing objectives in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiar with appliance regulatory and testing agencies such as
UL, CEC, ASTM, IEC, CE, RoHS a plusWE OFFER: ACI offers a
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits program including life
insurance; health, dental, prescription drug, and vision care
insurance, as well as a defined contribution retirement plan with
matching contributions and profit-sharing. To apply, please submit
your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Charles Industries, LLC, Schaumburg , VAVE Engineer SMTT, Engineering , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!