Company: Charles Industries, LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The VAVE Engineer will be responsible for identifying VAVE
products that produce a high-profit margin and greater value to our
customers. This is a role that will provide the opportunity to work
cross-functionally with other business areas including Marketing,
Sales, Manufacturing, Sourcing, and Quality. It will require you to
have ambition, drive, and strong engineering fundamentals, with
enthusiasm in the product design and cost arenas. A highly
entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the
industry is desirable. A strong drive to grow both personally and
professionally is ideal for this role. You will possess the
capability to align product growth with the overall strategic
game-plan as well as have the competence to complete the day-to-day
In this role you will:
- Be focused on VAVE for all products manufactured at B-Line.
Execute 4-6 projects simultaneously from concept through to launch.
Utilize manufacturing background to drive designs toward
- Identify and execute cost out projects to drive VAVE
- Maintain and upgrade existing products
- Utilize manufacturing knowledge to uncover new
- Assist with 3rd party certifications and develop and test
prototypes for new product ideas as well as create product
- Partner with quality assurance to establish product quality
standards consistent with the needs of the market
- Create and maintain project development plans as well as create
and execute Engineering Change Notices (ECNs)
- Lead competitive product tear-down analyses to evaluate
competition's product designs and manufacturability to determine
the strengths and weaknesses.
- Promote design for manufacturability by working with engineers
and suppliers to review/ modify tolerances/specifications on both
new and existing designs.
- Lead cross-functional teams to design, develop, test, and
redesign existing products.
- Review manufacturing and internal processes to look for areas
of improvement and determine opportunities for cost
- Interact with category leaders, marketing, sales, and
manufacturing with an emphasis on defining Value.
- Analyze product design data to determine conformance to
established design selection criteria, use of standardized parts
and equipment, and design-to-cost ratio.
- Drawing / Design package preparation / release
- Customer Contact / Customer Presentations
- Set personal daily work schedules in accordance with assigned
tasks, deadlines, and priorities.
- Perform assignments independently, with only minimal guidance
from the applicable Supervisor and/or Manager
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a General, Mechanical or
Electrical Engineering is required, a Technology or manufacturing
degree will be considered.
- 1-5 years of CREO/Windchill, FEA experience, Drawings & BOM
experience, Composite design, 3D printing, Prototyping, Electrical
wiring and Product Testing is desired.
- PDM experience is required
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail. Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration and
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of computer systems including personal
computers and software programs (such as Microsoft Office including
Excel, Project, and Visio)
- VAVE experience desired
- DFSS Experience desired
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing objectives in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiar with appliance regulatory and testing agencies such as
UL, CEC, ASTM, IEC, CE, RoHS a plus
WE OFFER:ACI offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits
program including life insurance; health, dental, prescription
drug, and vision care insurance, as well as a defined contribution
retirement plan with matching contributions and profit-sharing. To
apply, please submit your resume to
Keywords: Charles Industries, LLC, Schaumburg , VAVE Engineer, Engineering , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!