Associate Project Engineer
Company: Sunstar Suisse Sa
Posted on: March 12, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Sunstar Americas,
Inc. is a global leader in the oral care industry and the
manufacturer and distributor of GUM oral care products and
solutions. We serve dental professionals and consumers in 90
countries worldwide and are driven by a mission: to enhance the
health and well-being of people everywhere through high-quality,
innovative oral care products and solutions. Summary:Manage
projects for the New Products, Operations, and Marketing divisions,
including the coordination of product and packaging design,
equipment qualification and shop floor control systems. -Essential
- Design and develop primary and secondary packaging that meet
the business objectives for products
- Develop and implement project timelines.
- Direct product and package development with Suppliers of
components, including direct interface with suppliers of numerous
packaging materials and product types.
- Travel to supplier's sites globally to oversee project
- Direct package component qualification from specification
approval, and the protocol drafting through to the initiation of
component testing and interpretation of results.
- Utilize CAD and other software programs to create timely,
complete and accurate specifications.
- Utilize the Shop Floor Control system to create and input Bill
of Materials. Maintain knowledge of industry advances by planning
and attending supplier presentations, plant visits, seminars.
- Coordinate the development of packaging and graphic design with
the Creative Services and Marketing departments.
- Advise the Marketing and Creative Services departments on
technical and operational cost impact issues.
- Interface with the cost accounting department and purchasing
department to verify cost accuracy for new and revised products,
and for packaging and process changes.
- Support the environmental management system (EMS) by serving as
a member of the EMS Cross Functional Team (CFT) when assigned to by
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Mechanical, or
- 0-2 years Product Engineering experience
- Experience with development of new products and packaging
- Accustomed manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of testing procedures and processes
- Auto CAD
- Solid works or Pro-E
- Familiar with ISO policies and procedures Skills:
- Computer proficiency: Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office,
specifically Excel and Access Project Management Skills
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods
including assembly and production equipment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Communication skills: Written and Oral
- Must be comfortable presenting to senior level management
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively with
people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds, as well as
across all levels of the organization
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Comprehensive insurance coverage that includes Medical, Vision,
and Dental benefits. -
- Company Paid Life & AD&D and Supplemental Life
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Pet, Legal and Identity Theft Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K retirement plan with 5% employer match (Pretax and Roth
- 401k profit sharing contribution based on company
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off. -
- Competitive annual bonus -
- On-site Fitness Center
- Employee Discounts on GUM products
- Holiday Lunches
- Ice Cream Socials
- Fall Festival
- Miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development and training classes - Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Sunstar Suisse Sa, Schaumburg , Associate Project Engineer, Engineering , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...