Cloud Engineer- Schaumburg, IL
Company: Georgia IT Inc.
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Schaumburg, IL
( USC, GC, GCEAD And L2EADs are only preferred)
- Responsible for providing end-to-end operations, monitoring the
cloud platform to ensure availability, reliability, security, and
performance of public cloud environments.
- Engage in Incident and Problem resolution including escalation
to the appropriate teams as required. Contribute to incident root
cause analysis, with enough knowledge to lead discussions and drive
- Provide support and expertise to troubleshoot issues on the
public cloud platforms (AWS and Azure) for hosted Workloads,
escalating to other specialized teams as required.
- Perform infrastructure engineering for activities which include
platform upgrades, image patching, monitoring, configuration, and
- Participate in security incident response and investigation as
- Engineer, automate and orchestrate system provisioning and
maintenance processes using modern cloud tools and technologies.
Evaluate, design, and implement supporting technologies in
alignment with global and local requirements. Develop
Infrastructure as code to manage and provision cloud resources
leveraging standard tools (Terraform, PowerShell, Azure
- Create and update capability and service playbooks and runbook
documentation as required.
- Engage with ITSM team on standard integrations with ServiceNow
for various functions, including CMDB, change management, incident
management, and service catalog. Assist team in creating automated
solutions between ServiceNow and public cloud
- Perform system administration tasks including deployments,
configuration, systems monitoring, troubleshooting, and support
while innovating to automate as much as possible.
- Install, configure, maintain, and support applications and
servers in Public Cloud platforms.
- Perform operating system and software application installation,
patching, and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by monitoring systems
and submitted through the ticketing system. Fully document issues,
actions taken, and steps for resolution.
- Initiate escalation process as appropriate while communicating
progress and resolution to clients. Work with other teams to
resolve problems and minimize escalations.
- Focus on continued professional development to maintain
knowledge and application of current industry best practices and
- Exhibit an innovative mindset by suggesting improvements as
well as engineering and implementing related recommendations.
Strong desire to learn, implement, and teach others in new
processes and technologies.
- Contribute SDLC process to develop shared services and use
Azure DevOps to manage work, code check-in, build, deploy, and test
- Perform other tasks as defined, planned, and approved by
leadership. Support off hours changes and incidents.
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering, scripting,
automation, and orchestration tools (Terraform, PowerShell,
- Experience with ServiceNow including integration with public
- Demonstrated experience provisioning, configuring, and
maintaining cloud computing services such as Azure and
- Demonstrated experience administering, monitoring, and
maintaining both Microsoft and Linux server-based operating
- Experience supporting Microsoft technology, including, but not
limited to: Windows Server and Client OS, Active Directory, Remote
Desktop Services, SQL, IIS, DNS, and DHCP.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace.
- Operational understanding of IP-based computer networking
within LAN and WAN environments including implementations in a
public cloud environment.
- Operational understanding of security best practices and
standards around cloud computing and access management.
- Experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS,
routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig,
cURL or related).
- Experience with System Administration with Linux (Ubuntu,
CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
other related field with relevant work experience of 5+ years
experience in the IT field, or equivalent experience in the IT
- Occasional travel may be required.
Keywords: Georgia IT Inc., Schaumburg , Cloud Engineer- Schaumburg, IL, Engineering , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...