Company: Seko Logistics
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The Logistics Engineer will be accountable for designing and presenting warehousing and fulfilment solutions for USA operations. This will mainly encompass new business, however may also require re-engineering current operations. This role requires analytical, operational, technical expertise and creativity to effectively support the facilities. Leveraging and unleashing the powers of our WMS and improvement metrics will be key job functions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
* Work across SEKO functions to develop handling and storage (aka distribution and fulfillment) solutions that will solve the customer's problems.
* Analyze large and complex data sets and be able to interpret and illustrate what the data is saying.
* Review customer requests for proposal/quote ("RFP/Q") to determine if SEKO should pursue the opportunity.
* Design cost models for each specific opportunity: labor, equipment, technology, space, and supplies
* Translate technical terms to sales and operational teams and vice versa. Able to perform technical analysis and produce effective business requirements documentation.
* Keep stakeholders abreast of your progress via updating our sales database and various reports.
* Utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the customer, peers or senior management.
* Conduct post-mortem assessment of project performance/success (both operational and financial).
* Identify and publish best practices results as part of on-going continuous improvement efforts.
* Develop and maintain standard project templates for multiple profiles/scopes of logistics projects and business.
* Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
* Gather, organize, and collate key costs and other variables necessary to develop costing model.
* Participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace. Comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others, in adhering to safe work procedures. Co-operate with management in its fulfilment of its legislative obligations.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, or equivalent experience in logistics operations, such as distribution and warehousing
* 5+ years' experience with supply chain activities such as distribution, warehousing, and transportation
* Warehouse Management System (WMS) knowledge
* Operational experience
* Six Sigma, Lean Methodologies
* Logistics certifications or training
* AutoCAD Experience for warehouse layouts
* Experience with warehouse designs, including labor analysis, space layouts, etc.
Keywords: Seko Logistics, Schaumburg , Logistics Engineer, Engineering , Schaumburg, Illinois
here to apply!