Marketing Manager -Education Programs
Company: Society of Actuaries
Posted on: November 12, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing Manager, reporting to the Director of
Marketing, is a key role on the Marketing & Communications team
contributing to the organization's marketing strategy and is
responsible for the planning, development, tactical implementation
and reporting of various marketing initiatives to increase
awareness, engage key target audiences and drive response. He/she
will work in cross-functional teams, manage staff, and participate
in a hands-on capacity in the execution of a variety of SOA program
and product launches and ongoing marketing management.We are
currently working remotely but plan to move to a hybrid work
schedule in December. Our future plans for growth include the
opening of a Chicago office.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage various marketing initiatives and the development of new
plans based on a review of market research, competitive analysis,
trends, and previous results. Contribute to the development of
recommendations on target markets, tactics, and resources for the
effective implementation of plans.
- Oversee marketing development and implementation of
certificate, credentialling, affiliate membership, candidate and
prospecting programs through all owned (email, social, website,
app, etc.), earned and paid channels (search, social, display,
direct mail, etc.) achieving desired results
(revenue/enrollment/engagement, etc.); responsible for the
execution of assigned events and products taking on a hands-on role
for certain initiatives while supervising staff for others.
- Support the development and management of SOA's education
pathway brand strategy and portfolio including education,
credentialling, and affiliate membership offerings.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather details and
understand program/event/product promotional needs; formulate
effective and timely marketing and promotional plans by audience,
track results, update marketing tactics as needed and report on
project progress and success. This includes communicating and
presenting project status to stakeholders and management and
preparing regular strategic campaign effectiveness reports,
including Google Analytics, with recommended improvements,
enhancements, and testing strategies for future campaigns.
- Lead interface with Digital Marketing Sr Specialist on
utilization and optimization of email, social and paid media
channels to effectively market events, programs, and products.
Collaborate on segmentation and testing strategies, campaign
automation, analytics and results reporting.
- Demonstrate excellent project management and strategic skills
to simultaneously handle multiple projects at varying stages of
development in order to meet deadlines. Recommend new and
innovative marketing approaches to take advantage of cutting-edge
technologies and to ensure fresh thinking in marketing
- Manage, coach, and develop direct reports by setting
expectations, building rapport, guiding assignments, managing
workload, and offering growth opportunities. Conduct performance
reviews of direct reports. Position will supervise one Marketing
- Provide content and creative direction for the development of
effective and engaging marketing collateral across digital
channels, on site events, and occasional print. This includes copy
development, editing, proofreading, web publishing via
EPiServer/Optimizely, and partnering with internal Creative
Services and Communications teams to ensure that marketing
materials and properties stay on-brand, on-message and are
- Develop, build, and deploy emails and multi-step email
marketing campaigns and automated journeys that incorporate
segmentation as part of the promotional execution of marketing
plans via the Marketing Automation System.
- Contribute to development of marketing research studies to help
guide marketing decision-making and planning. Conduct market
scanning and secondary research to gather and analyze key market
and competitor information, and source for contacts to extend
marketing reach in relevant industries.
- Collaborate with and lead outside vendors and agency partners
by setting and managing expectations, project direction and
development, workflow and implementation of activities specific to
projects and defined statements of work.
- Staff SOA booth presence at various professional development
events to promote member engagement, relations and products and
- Monitor updates on various writing style issues and
- Edit documents or web copy as needed.
- Participate in employee candidate interviews and make
- Request reports and analytics as needed.
- Attend meetings in absence of Director of Marketing.
- Other duties as required or requested.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and
experience will be considered):
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related
- A minimum of seven years (7) direct experience in
program/product marketing or communications. Educational
institution or credentialling organization experience strongly
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience in formulating and implementing product marketing
plans, including launching new products and driving response.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey key
messages and edit copy to ensure resonance with various
- Familiarity with different marketing tactics and channels
including direct marketing, digital and traditional media,
including a working knowledge of media planning and buying
- Experience with Eloqua marketing automation platform and
EPiServer/Optimizely web content management is a plus.
- Experience managing or working closely with marketing and media
- Strong project management and relationship skills, including
the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; and the
ability to serve and function effectively as a member of an
interdisciplinary and multitalented team.
- Strong understanding of market segmentation and achievements in
building response rates and other desired measurements across
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office software,
including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and intermediate-level
knowledge of AP Style.
- Ability to travel approximately 5% of the time.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES including competencies that may be
representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated
with this position.
- Ability to work collaboratively with departmental and
cross-functional teams to complete projects within specific
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and leadership in
representing the organization both internally and externally.
- Experience in developing and facilitating presentations to
- Exhibit strong initiative and the ability and willingness to
understand and support strategic and operational initiatives of the
- Strong analytical skills using various data sources: research,
market information, customer trends, metrics, etc.
- Attention to detail and project management skills.
- Experience in managing vendor/partner relationships; working
cooperatively to maintain the workflow to achieve set objectives
within tight deadlines.The SOA will provide equal opportunity to
all employees and applicants for employment regardless of actual or
perceived race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national
origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical), genetic
information, military or veteran status, marital status, order of
protection status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other
category protected by applicable law. Such action shall include but
is not limited to: initial consideration for employment; job
placement and assignment of responsibilities; performance
evaluation; promotion and advancement; compensation and fringe
benefits; training and professional development opportunities;
formulation and application of human resource policies and rules;
facility and service accessibility; and discipline and
termination.This job description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying
this position. Employees may be required to follow other job
related instructions and to perform other job related duties as
requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible
modification in accordance with applicable state and federal
Keywords: Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg , Marketing Manager -Education Programs, Executive , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!