Sr Mgr Data Center Management
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Sr Mgr Data Center Management - ENG001789
The Senior Manager of Data Center Management leads the data center
teams responsible for operation of the UScellular National Data
Centers including our twenty-five Local Cloud Centers, four
Regional Cloud Center, four Carrier Hotel cages, and National Data
Center. The Senior Manager of Data Center Management sets vision
and direction for the teams, provides strategic insight and
guidance into the direction that the network is heading, leads his
team through goals and objectives that align with company strategic
initiatives, and plans and maintains associated budgets.
- Oversee and ensure 24x7x365 uptime and availability of our four
distinct National Data Centers that are critical to our ongoing
operations of wireless services.
- Lead 24X7 on-call response teams in support of Incident and
Problem management ensuring network restoral within established
- Ensure physical plant, system lifecycle and capacity for
customer critical infrastructure within the National Data Centers,
including reporting on trend utilization and lifecycle state of all
- Accountable for Vendor management including Vendor Relations
and performance to SLA.
- Lead negotiations of support contracts with vendor partners to
reduce operational costs while ensuring operational coverage and
- Lead troubleshooting efforts to resolve escalated network
- Manage Support for trouble resolution, policy and procedure
development and network design to the OSC, Engineering, IS and
Customer Support organizations.
- Identify and communicate critical technical issues and
resolutions with the Executives, VPs, Directors, Managers and
- Act as a focal point for escalating and driving vendor
engagement to resolve network problems.
- Monitor Trouble Ticket and Issues, Develop metrics that provide
direction in improving service and reducing network issues.
- Develop and manage a Capital and Operation Expenses budgets for
the National Data Centers that align with business objectives.
- Develop and deliver weekly and monthly project status reports,
KPI reports, and other reports as required.
- Manages development and usage of Standard Procedures,
Documentation and Processes for the National Data Centers including
equipment installation, vendor guidance and expectations.
- Drive alignment with sister organizations.
- Work with OSC/Corporate and Engineering organizations on
identifying network and business needs and trends that will enable
the organization to stay in front of any changes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or
relevant work or military experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years of industry experience in Data Center
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience with the following technologies:
AC/DC Power Plants, UPS, HVAC and fire alarm/suppression and
building monitoring systems, safety equipment and practices for
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience leading technical teams.
- Strong knowledge of concepts, vendors, and industry trends in
carrier grade data centers and supporting systems.
- Strong change management skills; change agent.
- Ability to create / define metrics that accurately reflect the
current state of a given process or operation.
- Project Management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Product Knowledge: Knowledge within the wireless industry and
associated LTE/VoLTE infrastructure
Job : Engineering
Location(s) : Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL Wisconsin-MADISON_WI,
Illinois-CHICAGO_IL, Iowa-MARION_IA, Washington-LONGVIEW_WA,
Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TN, Iowa-URBANDALE_IA, North
Carolina-GREENVILLE_NC, Virginia-ROANOKE_VA, West
Virginia-MORGANTOWN_WV, Nebraska-OMAHA_NE, Oregon-MEDFORD_OR, New
U.S. Cellular - is an EEO employer and gives consideration to
qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: UScellular, Schaumburg , Sr Mgr Data Center Management, Executive , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!