Company: Society of Actuaries Research Institute
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Manager, MarketingThe Manager, Marketing reporting to the
Director of Marketing, is a key role on the Marketing &
Communications team contributing to the organization's marketing
strategy and is responsible for the planning, development, tactical
implementation and reporting of various marketing initiatives to
increase awareness, engage key target audiences and drive response.
He/she will work in cross-functional teams, manage staff, and
participate in a very hands-on capacity in the execution of a
variety of SOA program and product launches and ongoing marketing
management. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage various marketing initiatives and the development of new
plans based on a review of market research, competitive analysis,
trends, and previous results. Contribute to the development of
recommendations on target markets, tactics, and resources for the
effective implementation of plans.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to oversee professional
development marketing including in-person and virtual meetings,
webcasts, seminars, new employer-focused products, engagement, and
subscriptions, etc. through all channels (website, email, social
media, app, ads, etc.) achieving desired results
(revenue/enrollment/engagement, etc.); responsible for the
execution of assigned events and products taking on a hands-on role
for certain initiatives while supervising staff for others.
- Responsible, together with the Marketing Sr. Specialist, for
supporting the International business unit in their geographic and
product expansion and marketing plans.
- In collaboration with other departments, manage SOA paid
sponsorships by identifying, evaluating, and budgeting relevant
opportunities and renewals based on qualitative and quantitative
indicators and metrics. Manage the coordination of needed digital
and physical display assets to achieve goals, attendance at events
as needed, and post-event summaries.
- Lead and execute marketing efforts for sponsorship sales,
preparing strategies and communications including, email,
brochures, web, and ads to achieve sales goals for sponsorships of
SOA's events and meetings.
- Support the development and management of SOA's overall brand
strategy and portfolio including education and professional
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather details and
understand program/event/product promotional needs; formulate
effective and timely marketing and promotional plans by audience,
track results, update marketing tactics as needed and report on
project progress and success. This includes communicating and
presenting project status to stakeholders and management and
preparing regular strategic campaign effectiveness reports,
including internal dashboards, marketing automation system reports
and Google Analytics, with recommended improvements, enhancements,
and testing strategies for future campaigns.
- Interface with Digital Marketing team on utilization and
optimization of email, social and paid media channels to
effectively market events, programs, and products. Collaborate on
segmentation and testing strategies, campaign automation,
analytics, and results reporting.
- Develop, build, and deploy in a hands-on capacity multi-step
email marketing campaigns and automated journeys that incorporate
segmentation as part of the promotional execution of marketing
plans via the Marketing Automation System, employing A-B testing
and campaign automation strategies whenever possible.
- Demonstrate excellent project management and strategic skills
to simultaneously handle multiple projects at varying stages of
development in order to meet deadlines. Recommend new and
innovative marketing approaches to take advantage of cutting-edge
technologies and to ensure fresh thinking in marketing
- Manage, coach, and develop direct reports by setting
expectations, building rapport, guiding assignments, managing
workload, and offering growth opportunities. Conduct performance
reviews of direct reports. Position will supervise two Marketing
- Provide content and creative direction for the development of
effective and engaging marketing collateral across digital
channels, on site events, and occasional print. This includes copy
development, editing, proofreading, and partnering with internal
Creative Services and Communications teams to ensure that marketing
materials and properties stay on-brand, on-message and are
- Contribute to development of marketing research studies to help
guide marketing decision-making and planning. Conduct market
scanning and secondary research to gather and analyze key market
and competitor information, and source for contacts to extend
marketing reach in relevant industries.
- Communicate and present project status to stakeholders and
management and prepare regular strategic campaign retrospective
reporting with recommendations for improvements, enhancements, and
testing strategies for future campaigns.
- Staff the SOA booth at various professional development events
to promote member engagement, relations and products and services.
- Monitor updates on various writing style issues and
- Edit documents or web copy as needed.
- Participate in employee candidate interviews and make
- Request reports and analytics as needed.
- Attend meetings in absence of Director of Marketing.
- Other duties as required or requested. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and
experience will be considered):
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related
field. Master's degree a plus.
- A minimum of seven years (7) direct experience in
program/product marketing or communications. Event, meeting and
sponsorship marketing for in-person and virtual events
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience in formulating, implementing and executing product
marketing plans, including launching new products and driving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey key
messages and edit copy to ensure resonance with various
- Familiarity with different marketing tactics and channels
including direct marketing, digital and traditional media,
including a working knowledge of media planning and buying
- Hands-on experience with Eloqua marketing automation platform
and EPiServer/Optimizely web content management is a plus.
- Strong project management and relationship skills, including
the ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables
simultaneously; and the ability to serve and function effectively
as a member of an interdisciplinary and multitalented team.
- Strong understanding of market segmentation and achievements in
building response rates and other desired measurements across
- Intermediate to expert hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office
software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and
intermediate-level knowledge of AP Style.
- Ability to travel approximately 5%. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Ability to work collaboratively with departmental and
cross-functional teams to complete projects within specific
- Ability to build positive working relationships, and exhibit
professionalism and leadership in representing the department and
organization both internally and externally.
- Experience in developing and facilitating presentations to
- Exhibit strong initiative and the ability and willingness to
understand and support strategic and operational initiatives of the
- Strong analytical skills using various data sources: research,
market information, customer trends, metrics, etc.
- Attention to detail and project management skills.
- Experience in managing vendor/partner relationships; working
cooperatively to maintain the workflow to achieve set objectives
within tight deadlines. We are moving to a hybrid work model in
February. Our future plans for growth include the opening of a
Chicago office.The SOA will provide equal opportunity to all
employees and applicants for employment regardless of actual or
perceived race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national
origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical), genetic
information, military or veteran status, marital status, order of
protection status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other
category protected by applicable law. Such action shall include but
is not limited to: initial consideration for employment; job
placement and assignment of responsibilities; performance
evaluation; promotion and advancement; compensation and fringe
benefits; training and professional development opportunities;
formulation and application of human resource policies and rules;
facility and service accessibility; and discipline and
termination.This job description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying
this position. Employees may be required to follow other job
related instructions and to perform other job related duties as
requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible
modification in accordance with applicable state and federal
Keywords: Society of Actuaries Research Institute, Schaumburg , Manager, Marketing, Executive , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!