Program Manager (Meeting Planner)
Company: Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Program Manager is responsible for the content, research,
administration, and execution of all budgeting, planning,
implementation, and reconciliation of CNS meetings, Joint Section
meetings, Subspecialty meetings and other programs as assigned.
Liaison to the Scientific Program Committee for programs and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include,
but are not limited to the - -following:
- - - - - - -Program management to include RFP process, budgeting,
vendor contract negotiation, reconciliation, historical tracking,
as well as ancillary services for programs as assigned.
- - - - - - -Manages budget development, projections, and
- - - - - - -Manages site research and recommendations, hotel and
venue coordination, meeting specifications, onsite logistics
(including but not limited to temporary staff, shuttle, and
destination management companies).
- - - - - - -Responsible for researching, recommending, and
possible site visits for social event venue and theme selection.
Develops budgets and menus for all social events for programs as
- - - - - - -Manages and oversees social invites process, RSVP
process, and all associated event planning and execution.
- - - - - - -Solicits, negotiates, and oversees vendor
- - - - - - -Manages registration; including where applicable 3rd
party housing and registration to include site development,
maintenance and reporting for programs as assigned.
- - - - - - -Manages the program agenda, collection of all speaker
COI, and organizes speaker logistics.
- - - - - - -Administration of the CNS faculty services center.
- - - - - - -Prepares correspondence and serves as primary liaison
for all faculty/speakers/moderators to include program invitation,
acceptances/declines, disclosures, and ongoing correspondence for
- - - - - - -Collaborates with the CME Program Compliance Manager
on COI collection and review.
- - - - - - -Collaborates with marketing on communications, and
promotional copy for courses. Works with the marketing team on
marketing plans, website, and associated messaging. Manages the
development of the Preliminary Program and Scientific Program.
- - - - - - -Manages function-space assignments and food and
beverage planning. Manage production of facilities' function sheets
- - - - - - -Primary liaison to hotel, audiovisual partner, and
other vendors for programs as assigned.
- - - - - - -Liaison to official decorating company and management
of exhibit related logistics as it pertains to special set-up
needs, special events in the hall and beverage breaks for programs
- - - - - - -Contracting and implementation for Mobile Apps where
- - - - - - -As project lead, tracks history of meetings and
courses and conducts a full post-event report for committee for
programs as assigned.
- - - - - - -Responsible for the development of the meeting
evaluations in conjunction with the Scientific Program
- - - - - - -Onsite meeting management for programs as assigned and
other CNS programs, including the CNS Annual Meeting.
- - - - - - -Management of all affiliate meetings and receptions at
the CNS Annual Meeting.
- - - - - - -Speaker research, contracting, and onsite management
for contracted Annual Meeting speakers.
- - - - - - -Manages and oversees staff.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform
the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- - - - - - -Minimum of 5 years' experience, preferably in a
- - - - - - -Bachelor's degree required; CMP designation
- - - - - - -Strong computer skills required, including expertise
with Microsoft suite of software: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- - - - - - -Proficient in use of internet.
- - - - - - -Experience with database management is required.
- - - - - - -Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with
- - - - - - -Ability to manage multiple projects and meet
- - - - - - -Work with minimal supervision and exercise independent
judgment and tact.
- - - - - - -Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading
- - - - - - -Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- - - - - - -Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to
develop a cohesive team and utilize the diverse abilities of
- - - - - - -Experience in budgeting, managing vendors, and writing
Keywords: Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), Schaumburg , Program Manager (Meeting Planner), Executive , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!