Vice President, Midwest Regional Officer
Company: PMA Companies
Posted on: September 22, 2022
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press shift + =. The
toolbar contains the followingThe AudioEye Help Desk to report
accessibility and usability related issues.The AudioEye
Certification Statement to explain the ongoing web accessibility
and usability enhancements for this website.The Player tool to
listen to this site read aloud. The Player is not intended as a
substitute for your screen reader. Vice President, Midwest Regional
Officer - #3331 Add to Bookmarks Alternate Locations Full-time Full
Time - Regular Job Function Job Description: The Vice President,
Midwest Regional Officer is responsible for directing, managing,
and leading the strategic plan for PMA Companies' Midwest Region.
This will include growing the PMA brand in this established market,
forming solid relationships with key distribution partners in the
region, and creating a portfolio of profitable large account and
loss sensitive, middle market, captive, and TPA business in
alignment with the company's goals and
- Leading the development of a distribution plan for the region
leveraging his/her own broker and agent relationships, PMA
relationships that have operations in the Midwest, and the
development of greenfield distribution partnerships.
- Ensuring the profitability, growth objectives, and operational
efficiencies of PMA Companies' Midwest Region.
- Leading and directing staff with an emphasis on talent
management and succession planning in accordance with corporate
strategic direction, not to mention passion, teamwork, a sense of
urgency, and effective communications.
- Providing oversight for the account management process and
ensure the highest levels of customer service.
- Maintaining customer service and the company's commitment to
- Ensuring the effective use of resources in alignment with
- Administering and controlling the expense budget to contribute
to a cost-effective operation.
- Ensuring compliance to jurisdictional and statutory
- Participating in industry-related events, such as insurance
associations, department meetings and rating boards.
- Demonstrating commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct
and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and
procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities
in the performance of work. Requirements:
- BS degree in Risk Management or comparable business related
major and at least 10 years work experience in a senior level
position. Masters Degree is preferred.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in
Risk Management designation or other professional designations are
- Must have strong, existing distribution relationships in the
Region at the national broker, regional broker, and/or local agent
- Significant loss-sensitive workers compensation and/or
commercial insurance leadership experience in the Midwest.
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of regional market
conditions and broker networks in the Midwest.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the successful marketing and
prospecting of business opportunities, as well as, relationship
building and agency management skills.
- Strong influencing skills and be adept at leading and managing
in a highly matrixed environment.
- Extensive account management experience is required, and
ideally previous underwriting experience.
- Adept at managing significant client relationships.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Able to analyze
and propose solutions to business challenges and problems.
- Knowledge of casualty coverage and loss sensitive deal
- Additional knowledge in financial analysis, account management
and collateral management is preferred,
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to business challenges
- Professional written and verbal communication, interpersonal
skills and the ability to work with others.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Willingness to travel for business purposes and remain visible
with brokers at industry functions in order to develop and maintain
solid relationships and generate an adequate flow of qualified
Keywords: PMA Companies, Schaumburg , Vice President, Midwest Regional Officer, Executive , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!