Company: Society of Actuaries
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Director, MarketingThis is a hybrid role which can be based in
our Schaumburg, IL or downtown Chicago office.Reporting to the
Managing Director, Marketing and Communications (CMO), the
Director, Marketing is responsible for the development and
implementation of the integrated marketing plan across all channels
with a strong focus on digital. This includes marketing the SOA's
educational credentials and professional development offerings in
North America and select international markets. It will involve
working closely with the Managing Director who leads the function,
the Director, Communications, the Director, Creative and the Senior
Director, Digital Strategy to develop, integrate and measure
initiatives in support of the Society's strategic objectives and
operational goals. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- In conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Leadership
Team, contribute to the development of the annual marketing &
communications plan and departmental goals, updating as needed to
respond to the changing landscape and market performance.
- Manage the SOA's brand strategy and portfolio to increase
awareness of the profession and the value of the SOA's credentials
among key audiences.
- Market educational offerings and grow SOA membership in North
America and internationally. Research and recommend new marketing
initiatives to attract students to the actuarial science program,
the profession, and SOA credential pathways.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and develop the
positioning and messaging for new products (credentials,
certificates, badges, etc.) Lead the development and execution of
successful new product marketing plans across digital
- Develop and execute marketing plans to achieve target
attendance/participation and revenue goals of professional
development offerings including in-person and virtual meetings,
webcasts, and seminars. Monitor and optimize reach, engagement and
conversion using leading-edge testing and analytical methods.
- Develop digital channel strategy and optimize key tactics
including SEO, SEM, organic and paid social and email
- In partnership with Digital Strategy and IT, develop an optimal
website experience with intuitive navigation, enhanced SEO and
mobile capabilities that enables users to easily purchase SOA
products and services. Provide strategic counsel and direction on
the full range of digital opportunities and issues.
- Responsible for social media strategy and execution including
acquisition, engagement, analytics, and reporting. In partnership
with the Director, Communications, develop social media content
strategy and calendar.
- Partner with international team and provide strategic marketing
leadership to support their geographic and product expansion. Act
as primary liaison for internationally based SOA marketing staff
- Develop and manage agency relationships and determine
marketing/digital agency needs. Provide input to the work of the
external communications firm engaged in the SOA's public relations
- Provide direction to and collaborate with creative services
team to develop impactful creative concepts and campaign elements
across all channels.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive marketing scorecard with
key performance indictors and metrics of brand health and campaign
effectiveness. Track and report on KPI progress, with continuous
testing to optimize results.
- Hire, manage and develop marketing talent and create a
collaborative, effective team.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget including planning and
- Participate in Board meetings as appropriate and travel to
select conferences and events to represent the organization as
assigned. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount
of training, education and experience will be considered)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related discipline. MBA
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing and digital marketing
- Minimum of 5 years supervising the work of professional staff
- Global marketing experience a plus. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Strong marketing skill set including branding, digital, market
research, product development, content, pricing, promotions,
- Highly skilled, hands-on digital marketing experience
including, SEO, SEM, social media, marketing automation, and
- Hands-on knowledge and utilization of content management
systems, Google Analytics, marketing automation and social media
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into
measurable action and execution.
- Results-oriented with strong initiative.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively
establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff
- Possess excellent project management skills.
- Ability to manage resources in a cross-functional organization
and the capacity for creating, identifying, and capitalizing on
- Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking and
make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment.
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively independently and
within a team.
- Work travel as appropriate, including attendance at the SOA's
five major in-person professional development meetings.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES AND COORDINATION required to perform the functions
of this job.
- This position supervises the marketing team and its functions.
This includes direct supervision of three (3) Marketing
- This position also requires regular interaction with SOA
- The position also requires project coordination and
collaboration with SOA departments and external actuarial
organizations. The SOA will provide equal opportunity to all
employees and applicants for employment regardless of actual or
perceived race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national
origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical), genetic
information, military or veteran status, marital status, order of
protection status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other
category protected by applicable law. Such action shall include but
is not limited to: initial consideration for employment; job
placement and assignment of responsibilities; performance
evaluation; promotion and advancement; compensation and fringe
benefits; training and professional development opportunities;
formulation and application of human resource policies and rules;
facility and service accessibility; and discipline and termination.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested,
subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job
functions described herein may be subject to possible modification
in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Keywords: Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg , Director, Marketing, Executive , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!