Registration & Scheduling - Medical Office
Company: Barrington Orthopedic
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Central Registration & Scheduling - Medical Office
Barrington Orthopedic Specialists is looking for a Full Time
employee to work as our Operator/Central Registration & Scheduling.
We have 18 Physicians and 4 different locations. This position
would be in our Schaumburg location.
As an ambitious and detail-oriented telecommunications operator,
you will bring a valuable skillset to our team. Everything great
begins with excellent communication, and as the first point of
contact between our company and our patients, we trust you to
become the friendly and helpful operator for our company. Aside
from your operator duties you will also assist with other daily
tasks such as Electronic Health Record system data entry, verifying
insurances, and making outbound calls for our Central Registration
and Scheduling department.
- Answer incoming calls promptly and greet callers in a friendly,
- Transfer calls to appropriate parties as needed, or take
messages and answer questions when possible.
- Page clinical staff of incoming calls
- Provide excellent customer service
- Flexibility to staff by phone.
Central Registration & Scheduling:
- Review reports received for successful & unsuccessful
self-scheduled patient appointments through our Electronic Health
Record (EHR) system.
- Review insurance information for accuracy and verify insurances
for eligibility and benefits
- Update appointment notes as needed
- Make outbound patient calls & complete patient registration and
- Analyze self-scheduled patient reports and identify cancelled
appointments that need to be rescheduled
- Analyze self-scheduled patient reports to identify unsuccessful
- EHR data entry for referrals, faxes, and medication
- Review portal/website requests. Reach out to patients to
Scheduled HoursMonday through Friday shifts scheduled between the
hours of 8:00am - 6:30PM
Rotating Saturday shifts 8:00am - 4:00pm
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Medical Terminology and general knowledge of medical insurance
plans is preferred
- Strong phone and computer skills needed
- Strong customer service skills required
- Electronic Health Records Systems (EHR) experience is
- Experience working with Athena a PLUS
Keywords: Barrington Orthopedic, Schaumburg , Registration & Scheduling - Medical Office, Healthcare , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!