Posted on: June 12, 2022
We are one of the world's most dynamic central reference
laboratories, specializing in the field of anti-infectives. We
serve the pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotech industries. We
depend on our talented professionals to provide exceptional
customized products and services to clients engaged in the -fight
against infectious disease.
The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for assisting the IHMA
laboratories by support of daily laboratory work in the general and
molecular laboratories, and analytics product development. -Certain
activities may be based on level of education and experience.
- Accession and scan in new shipments
- Verify requisition forms
- Process and/or set up cultures and isolates
- Retrieve and replace isolate vials from the freezer
- Subculture isolates
- Inoculate and freeze repository vials; maintain freezer
- Inoculate susceptibility panels using the AIM inoculator
- Assist in general laboratory prep e.g. print labels and
paperwork, label plates and tubes, restock supplies, autoclave
supplies, dispose of biohazard waste, etc.
- Assist in panel production as needed
- Perform duties accurately according to established IHMA
protocols; document all deviations from standard protocols
- Organize work according to laboratory priorities and complete
assigned responsibilities with little supervision
- Assist in other laboratory duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- Must be able to work accurately with little supervision
Keywords: IHMA, Schaumburg , Laboratory Assistant, Healthcare , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!