Bakery Supervisor 3rd shift
Company: Nation Pizza and Foods
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts monthly production and safety meetings.
- Participates in all internal and external audits.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to customer
specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines to
meet product specifications.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product.
- Analyzes bakery production and assist workers with
- Maintains time and production records. This includes, but is
not limited to, all related variance, labor, and production
- Consistently evaluates formulas, specifications, and processes
(oven settings, proffer settings, freezer settings, mixing times,
mixing temperatures, etc.) to ensure that final product is meeting
- Recommends changes in written format to update internal related
- Verifies and inspects proper material usage.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
- Coordinates inspection, operation, maintenance, and sanitation
of all related work areas.
- Supervises the department function and processes.
- Supervises department for compliance with established policies
and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining
- Oversees the work activities and professional training and
development of 25-70 direct reports.
- Works with Coordinator to attain goals, carry out strategies,
plans, and policies to increase profitability and success of the
- Implements and enforces policies and procedures of the
organization by way of systems that will improve the overall
operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Assists in developing and carrying out department's goals,
objectives, and systems.
- Conducts interviews, appraisal performances, on boarding, and
disciplinary meetings including terminations.
- Approves payroll and amends Source Time errors for hourly
- Fills out appropriate paperwork, i.e. hiring, termination,
replacement, performance evaluations, accident reports, vacation
requests, and counseling forms.
- Monitors employee's adherence to company rules and policies and
takes necessary corrective action if needed.
- Assists in reviewing and maintaining crewing levels and
optimizing to meet or surpass NPF cost targets.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention
to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with
all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's
(Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or
safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management or related field
- Associate's Degree Required.
- Three (3) years Food Manufacturing Experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year Supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in a food facility preferred.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with employees.
- Ability to influence and promote change on all levels of the
- Sound technical skills, logical ability, and strong problem
analysis and resolutions skills with a strong operational
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and business ethics.
- Ability to gather and analyze all types of data, identify the
appropriate relationships between the different data anticipate
business directions and recommend fact based decisions.
- Prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects
simultaneously with aggressive deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, as well as strong written and oral
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of
diverse individuals within the plant and corporate
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is
required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach
with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The
employee must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted and must
frequently lift and/or move up to 300 pounds with lifting equipment
or assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
utilizing lifting equipment. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and
the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee regularly works in a plant production environment. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While
performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee
occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is
occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed
to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0)
degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the
required personal protective equipment.
The Baker Supervisor will report directly to the Bakery Operations
Keywords: Nation Pizza and Foods, Schaumburg , Bakery Supervisor 3rd shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!