Bakery Mixer Operator 1st Shift $17.53
Company: Nation Pizza and Foods
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Position Summary: The Bakery Mixer Operator is responsible for
scaling and mixing all ingredients as
prescribed by the Bill of Materials (BOM) in a fast paced work
environment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates all scales, meters, mixers,
dough hoist and related mixing equipment.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work
- Requests the Bill of Materials (BOM) from Gatekeeper/Lead for
- Requisitions the required ingredients stated on the BOM from
- Checks that the ingredients staged by the Gatekeeper match
ingredients requested in the BOM.
- Mixes the ingredients loaded into the mixers in accordance to
BOM and approved standard operating procedures (SOP's) .
- Works with the Gatekeeper to ensure pallet quantities match
quantities for any ingredients
returning to the warehouse or ingredients that are passed to the
- Performs setups and breakdowns for the mixing area
- Accurately weighs all relevant
ingredients, including but not limited to re-work dough, small
- Ensures that all containers are labeled,
color coded and handled properly using established methods and
- Records necessary batch information
including but not limited to, ingredient lot numbers, temperatures
- Loads ingredients into main mixer from
auxiliary mixers, hoppers, conveyors, scales, meters, buckets or
- Ensures that outer layer of ingredient
packaging is cleaned and removed prior to using.
- Ensures that all necessary equipment
needed for the next production run is ready, clean, and in working
prior to the start of that product.
- Sets timers and programs on mixer or
associated panels prior to starting the mixer.
- Operates auxiliary equipment to hoist
and dump dough for further processing.
- Cleans mixer and maintains a clean work
area on a daily basis.
- Meets established goals and objectives
as it relates to the consistency and materials needed
- Sets outputs for the mixing area.
- Ensures final product
is meeting costumers' specifications as it relates to temperatures,
consistency, and other dough related quality attributes.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention
the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with
appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the
(Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or
issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned
or requested. Education, Skills and experience: Education: · High
school, GED or equivalent. Skills and Experience: · One to three
months of food manufacturing or
packaging experience. · Ability
to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts. · Ability to
speak, write and understand English. · Ability to communicate
work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the
plant. · Ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating instructions, formulas, and policy and
manuals. · Ability to write standard information into
related paperwork. · Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure
including but not limited to pounds, ounces, grams, using whole
fractions, decimals, and temperatures. · Ability to thrive in a
constantly changing environment. Physical demands and Work
Environment: The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to stand,
walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee
occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or
stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must be able to
move up to 50 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 2,200
pounds with lifting equipment or with assistance. Specific vision
abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee
regularly works in a plant
production environment. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the
duties of this job in the plant, the employee
regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is
occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed
to extreme hot or
cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit
ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
While in the
plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal
equipment. Organizational Structure: The Bakery Mixer Operator
will report directly to the Bakery Supervisor.
Keywords: Nation Pizza and Foods, Schaumburg , Bakery Mixer Operator 1st Shift $17.53, Hospitality & Tourism , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!