Sales Manager (Part Time) - 24H210
Posted on: September 18, 2023
If you are a CURRENT Carter's employee, you MUST apply through the
Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in
Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of
apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns
the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized
brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading
department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers
domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more
than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada,
and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com,
www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company's Child
of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is
available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on
Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand
for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes - Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at
Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler
clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
The Sales Manager's purpose is to uphold the Carter's mission,
vision, and values in order to support a high performing team that
consistently delivers top end results. The SM in partnership with
the store management team, oversees the overall productivity for
their store. The SM responsibility includes supporting the
management team in driving financial results through exceptional
store standards, execution of company strategies, and positive
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the team;
management and associates.
- Regularly communicates employee concerns to the Store Manager
for quick resolution.
- Assists in hiring; actively recruits and completes candidate
application review to ensure open positions are filled timely.
- Offers consistent, in the moment, feedback to store team.
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance to increase
- Receives feedback with positive intent and makes efforts to
take appropriate action on that feedback.
- Partners with Store Manager to address performance concerns of
- Maintains the Company standard of a neat, clean, and organized
- Meets and demonstrates exceptional customer service behaviors
and maintains high standards throughout the store.
- Responsible for leading and executing an assigned Division of
Responsibility (DOR) through planning and detailed follow
- Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities by driving results and
responds to customer concerns timely and with appropriate
- Assists store management with modifying schedules based on
business climate to maximize sales and productivity.
- Regularly communicates with Store Manager to discuss strengths,
opportunities, and trends in business.
- Utilizes customer feedback to identify areas of opportunity to
implement actions to drive results. Process
- Supports the planning and execution of store processes and
merchandise placement in an efficient manner while following brand
- Supports store team with Asset Protection through a consistent
level of customer service, education, and operational
- Executes Company directives within timelines including visual,
signage, markdowns, and sales promotions.
- Builds customer loyalty through the company sponsored
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed per
company standards. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school degree or GED minimum requirement, Associates
degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of 1 year in retail store management.
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills.
- Demonstrates strong listening, written, and oral communication
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping,
reaching, pushing, and pulling. AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Regular work frequency is required to remain an active
- Availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and
will be reviewed based on business needs.
- Scheduled working shifts range from 3-8 hours in length
(applicable state laws apply).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The
duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of
management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that
are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Carter's, Schaumburg , Sales Manager (Part Time) - 24H210, Hospitality & Tourism , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!