Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Society of Actuaries
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Human Resources Coordinator The Human Resources Coordinator
provides high-level administrative support and recordkeeping to the
Sr. Director of Human Resources, Human Resources staff, and SOA
employees in the day-to-day administration of all areas of HR. The
HR Coordinator ensures delivery of quality programs and services
focused on our culture and recruiting talent aligned with our
organizational priorities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: HR Team Support
- Provide administrative support to the Sr. Director of HR and
the HR team. Ensure HR processes such as unemployment, employment
verifications, SOA reimbursements, new hire and exiting employee
support are timely, accurate and completed thoroughly so the HR
team can effectively represent and meet the demands of the
- Coordinate committee meetings, scheduling, arrange for meeting
locations, gather input and draft agenda, send confirmations, and
ensure that minutes and meeting materials are received and
distributed in a timely manner.
- Maintains HR Calendar to track cyclical department deadlines
and projects. Utilize and manage internal project management
- Supports with compliance across HR functions along with I-9
verification through E-Verify and ensures all required employee
notices are current and posted.
- Responsible for managing all internal HR events including
retreats/outings and planning meetings. SOA Culture
- Participate as an HR representative on committees and groups
related to staff engagement, SOA culture, and DEI initiatives aimed
at building community, fellowship, and engagement across the
- Assist with the coordination of employee surveys that will
measure the impact of HR initiatives on the organization.
- Coordinates SOA quarterly all-staff summits in partnership with
the HR Manager.
- Serves as the point person for SOA Connect (intranet). Talent
- Process pre-employment screens for new hires.
- Coordinate new hire paperwork, onboarding, and orientation
along with the offboarding process for employees leaving the
- Assist with coordinating recruitment events such as job fairs
and open houses.
- Ensure new hires have access to company-wide memberships and
perks. General Administration
- Recordkeeping, including processing invoices, credit card
statements, travel arrangements, department mail, supplies, meeting
scheduling and room arrangements.
- Maintain employee records, department files, and keeps file
- Responsible for maintenance of organizational charts, staff
photo directory, birthday and anniversary list, and staff
directory, to be published on employee intranet or company
- Assists employees and managers with questions regarding HR
procedures, company programs and policies.
- Coordinates employee status changes (promotions, market
adjustments, FLSA, transfers, etc.).
- Facilitates administration and maintenance of HRIS system,
including data entry and reconciliation, troubleshooting and
- Assists with various special projects. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and
experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar HR role.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or HR certification highly
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices,
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office
products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now HR system preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing
- Ability to prioritize projects, execute tasks, and meet
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive
information and confidential situations. Excellent written, oral,
and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional and customer service oriented.
- Team player. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Hybrid environment with minimum of meeting in-person once a
month. The SOA will provide equal opportunity to all employees and
applicants for employment regardless of actual or perceived race,
color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry,
disability (mental or physical), genetic information, military or
veteran status, marital status, order of protection status, gender
identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by
applicable law. Such action shall include but is not limited to:
initial consideration for employment; job placement and assignment
of responsibilities; performance evaluation; promotion and
advancement; compensation and fringe benefits; training and
professional development opportunities; formulation and application
of human resource policies and rules; facility and service
accessibility; and discipline and termination. This job description
in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be
required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform
other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable
state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may
be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable
state and federal laws.
Keywords: Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg , Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!