Benefits and Risk Analyst (Human Resources)
Company: Village of Schaumburg
Posted on: May 24, 2023
VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court,Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 78,723 residents located 11 miles west of O'Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of Chicago. Not only is Schaumburg the twelfth-largest community in the State of Illinois, but it is also home to the second-largest concentration of retail, office, and commercial activity.Notable village distinctions include being rated as an excellent or good place to live by 95% of respondents in the National Community Survey;having multiple highly-awarded and accredited departments; and being recognized as a Better Business Town by The Better Business Bureau of Chicago and NorthernIllinois.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in 12 departments, including police, fire, engineering and public works, communications, community development, cultural services, economic development, finance, general government, human resources, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTINGAPPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Benefits and Risk Analyst (Human Resources)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
SALARY RANGE:The salary range for this position is $58,067.00 -$84,194.00.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position provides support to and works collaboratively with the Benefits and Risk Manager and assists with the administration of the village's benefits and risk management programs, wellness initiatives, workers compensation, and as well as other human resource projects including research and analysis. This position is the primary contact for all benefits and wellness related matters and inquiries that include providing assistance and information to employees and retirees, coordinating benefits and wellness related meetings, presentations, and activities, preparing communications, maintaining files and completing related administrative tasks.
To succeed in this role, applicants will need to effectively and clearly communicate to a full range of people inside and outside the organization, be able to work cooperatively with others to achieve common goals, and work in a detail-oriented environment. We are looking to add a team member capable of remaining calm and professional under pressure and demonstrate strong and efficient problem-solving skills.
May be eligible for flexible schedule/hybrid work options.
1. Assists active and retired employees with benefits administration, claims and changes; assists with the coordination of annual open enrollment activities; processes documentation related to terminations. Serves as the main point of contact for benefit vendors. Performs benefits administrative support functions.
2. Assists in the Village Wellness efforts. Serves as the Wellness Programs Coordinator and Healthy U Committee liaison/chairperson. Researches, recommends, and coordinates wellness programs that will impact overall claims and cost to the village.
3. Assists with the worker's compensation program including the review of employee injury reports and processing claims through the third-party administrator.
4. Assists with FMLA and Special Leave processes and systems.
5. Assists with research, analysis and administration of special projects, risk management budget, and reports, as directed.
6. Responsible for confidential information and document management.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Risk or Safety Management, Business Administration, or closely related field.
2. A minimum of two years of experience in benefits, risk management, or human resources administration. Experience in a municipal environment preferred.
3. Benefits, risk management, or human resources certification preferred.
4. Proficiency with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Village of Schaumburg, Schaumburg , Benefits and Risk Analyst (Human Resources), Human Resources , Schaumburg, Illinois
here to apply!