Sr Mgr Mobile Services Operations
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Sr Mgr Mobile Services Operations - ENG001926This position has a
primary focus on service management operations related to
customer/business incidents across our wireless service domains for
new or existing services. This role has responsibility for the
service availability and reliability for our traditional consumer
and business customers for wireless data connectivity across three
architectures: LTE, IMS, and Legacy CDMA. This position will lead a
team who act as a top-tier support for the organization and provide
subject matter expertise and for resolving customer and business
service issues. This position will lead customer or business
reported troubleshooting efforts for restoring service outages in
collaboration with other support organizations as needed. The
position will also lead a team responsible for Analytics and
Automation development for the RRE organization.
- Develop and manage the Opex and Capex budgets for the
- Manage effective issue identification and resolution process.
Serves as the focal point for end-to-end issues / crisis resolution
related to Customer and Business reported service issues.
- Manages the development and utilization of analytical and
development tools to proactively manage and support our wireless
services health Lead a team of service oriented engineers that
coordinate and drive 24x7x365 advanced tier troubleshooting,
including problem resolution, root cause analysis and on-call for
all high value business customers i.e. IoT/M2M.
- Lead and participate in process improvement initiatives, with
special emphasis on ticket handling and issue resolution between
call center teams and the engineering organization.
- Ensure the development of a full suite of documentation as it
relates to the Mobile Services environment (Call Flows, end to end
topologies, etc.) including tools used for day to day
- Drives development of tools and documentation to assist call
center teams in the resolution of customer tickets in a timely
- Provide training on all services to internal teams, as well as
customer service organizations.
- Actively participate in key vendor/industry forums to help
guide service health best practices and team development
- Interacts with partner organizations/departments with special
emphasis on the Mobile Core and Services Operations and Engineering
teams and Product Management and Device Engineering teams to
support service solutions for our customer-servicing network.
- Works with Call Center and other organizations to monitor
customer ticket volume and trends to drive process
- Coordinate activities with the Service Engineering delivery and
Service Assurance teams to ensure alignment and that operational
measures for service quality are met.
- Drive Analytics and Automation development for the RRE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related technical
discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science, Information
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant industry experience. Strong
knowledge of concepts, protocols, vendors, and industry trends in
legacy and next generation cellular data networks
- Strong project management experience with the ability to break
down complex problems into manageable tasks required
- Knowledge of vendor-specific solutions for wireless services,
along with knowledge of standards-based application delivery
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of End to End (E2E)
Cellular Data Networks/Call Flows
- VoLTE, Presence, UT Proxy, 4G/LTE, MIP, SIP, VoLTE and Data
Roaming, SMS, MMS , WARN Act/Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS),
Message Application Broker (MAB)/Voicemail to Text, L2TP tunneling
from the USCC network to enterprise customer's LNS, dynamic public
IP assignments and static public IP assignments.
- IMS Core and Applications Servers, LTE S-GW, P-GW, HSS,
1NDS/Subscriber Data Management (SDM) ; PCRF, IMS and EPC DNS,
Security Appliances, DRA, Lawful Interception Gateways (LIG) for
CALEA compliance, CDMA/1xRTT, MIP, SIP, EVDO, Wireless Data, Packet
Data Switch Node (PDSN), Home Agent (HA), Foreign Agent (FA), AAA,
- LTE Traffic and Signaling, User Traffic, IMS Media, Session,
Application and Control Planes, PSTN Signaling, SON
- Mobile Services 24x7x365, including 3rdshift staff as
- Travel required PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree preferred
- 5 years or more preferred previous management experience
required with experience leading large and technically diverse
- IoT/M2M/B2M Network troubleshooting/triage experience Job :
EngineeringLocation(s) : Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL
Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TNU.S. Cellular - is an EEO employer and gives
consideration to qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: UScellular, Schaumburg , Sr Mgr Mobile Services Operations, IT / Software / Systems , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!