Building Information Modeling(BIM) Technology Specialist
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The primary role of the Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Specialist is to manage the BIM process for a varying scale project
portfolio in a multi-discipline Architectural and Engineering (A/E)
design management and sustainment environment. You will seek out
and resolve issues through close interaction with other team
members, with other departments within Disney with Disney IT
support, and with outside vendors. You will provide technical
support to team members from multiple disciplines to allow them to
use the technology required for their work and to allow them to
perform their roles.You will report to the Manager Programs in
Facility Asset Management - Project Design Support.
- General Support for BIM and Computer-Aided Design(CAD)
implementation for Firm Project Portfolio and Sustainment
- Work with Consultants and Sub consultants to assure that they
have implemented the most current BIM/CAD standards.
- Maintain software template files to assure standards.
- Coordination of access rights to server and cloud-based data
sources, auditing access on a quarterly basis.
- Support the digital document archive and retrieval for
- Assist project team in BIM/CAD project setup using Company
project templates, workspaces, libraries, sheet sets, line weights,
hyperlinking, and plots.
- Enforce company drafting and modeling standards and
- Provide production BIM/CAD support to Architects and Engineers
to meet project and sustainment needs including creation of content
in response to project/department need.
- Collaborate with partners across the company on BIM standards
implementation and enforcement.
- Evaluate, test, and recommend new BIM related software and
technologies to support efficiency in production following Company
security and legal standards.
- Audit CAD/Revit files for project closeout. Basic
- Experience using Revit on multiple project scales and
familiarity with implementing BIM standards within a Revit-based
- Experience or familiarity with implementing CAD standards in
AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Knowledge of Rhino, Maya, SketchUp or other 3D modeling
- Knowledge of Navisworks and clash detection tools
- Experience in lifecycle management of BIM models
- Experience with BIM 360/Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu and Studio Sessions for
- Experience importing and exporting metadata from models into
lifecycle management tools Preferred Qualifications :
- Autodesk Revit certification
- Autodesk Civil 3D certification Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture Technology or similar
technical degree Additional Information : This job is located in
Lake Buena Vista, FL.Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards
package to help you live your best life. This includes health and
savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that
only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Schaumburg , Building Information Modeling(BIM) Technology Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!