IT Sr. Technical Specialist - Master Data (AN Odyssey program)
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Working at AbbottAt Abbott,
you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself
and family, be your true self and live a full life. You'll also
have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can
grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment
Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program
and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to
getting a bachelor's degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of
countries around the world and named one of the most admired
companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies
to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working
mothers, female executives, and scientists.Our location in
Waukegan, IL currently has an opportunity for an IT Sr. Technical
Specialist - Master Data---. This person will develop and execute
IT strategies for Master Data Management (MDM) for SAP Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) systems. - WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and maintain SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) and Data
Services (DS) solutions.
- Lead and manage data integration and conversion for SAP
releases, including planning, co-ordinating, and controlling
project tasks and activities.
- Collaborate to define the end-to-end data migration
methodology, transformation rules and business rules with key
- Work closely with team members to ensure issues are addressed
promptly and escalate to management as necessary.
- Regularly communicate project and task status .
- Develop and maintain Software Life Cycle (SLC) documentation
and objects to support data design, development, and
- Prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system
design are accurate and complete.
- Conduct training and provide direct subject matter expertise to
business and technical resources for all areas of master data
management, including data conversion processes and tools.
- Comply with all applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies
and procedures.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business
administration or another relevant discipline
- 8+ years IT and ERP experience
- Familiarity and previous hands-on experience with SAP MDG, SAP
- Strong knowledge in Supplier / Customer / Material CRUD process
within SAP MDG
- Strong working knowledge of MDG floor plan manager, BRF+ , MDG
data models etc.
- Knowledge of Customer Vendor Integration (CVI)
- Strong ability to collaborate, influence and build
- Experience with GxP validation and/or other regulated
- Working knowledge of SAP data structures is required; SAP S4
experience strongly preferred
- Experience in complex environments with a wide variety of
interfaced applications preferred
- Project management experience working within large ERP
Apply Now* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment
qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free
coverage applies in the next calendar year.Learn more about our
health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help
you and your family live full lives: - www.abbottbenefits.comFollow
your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that can help you build your future and live your best
life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook
at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Schaumburg , IT Sr. Technical Specialist - Master Data (AN Odyssey program), IT / Software / Systems , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!