Company: Andigo Credit Union
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Well, well, well. Look who it is...
We've been waiting for you to swing by and check us out. We have
some jobs here at Andigo that could be a great fit for you, since
you have a hankering for a fast-paced, get-it-done workplace and a
passion for helping people, just like the rest of our team.
But before we get into all that, a little about us. While you may
not have heard our name - say it with us, "Andigo sounds like
indigo" - we've expanded to 40,000 members and lots of sponsor
organizations (businesses with a bank-at-work perk for their
employees). Good folks from the greater Chicago area and across
Did you catch that? That one word you won't see big banks use?
"Members," that's right. Andigo is a not-for-profit, member-owned
credit union. We exist for one and only one reason: to help our
members achieve their goals whenever, wherever they go. Because
we're not a bank, we don't drive up profits just because
shareholders demand it. Instead, we focus on driving up member
happiness through low loan rates, high deposit rates and low or no
fee products and services. Makes banks seem like kind of a bummer,
huh? That's why we need to get the word out about all of the great
opposite-of-bummer things we're doing for our members here at
That's why we need you.
You're someone who sees a wrong and rights it. You take work
seriously but not yourself. You want to surround yourself with
other highly motivated, highly fun people who want to grow Andigo.
You want to prove that when we set a goal to make a difference in
our members' lives. Together we truly can. That's not easy, but you
already know that because you're a person who loves a challenge as
much as you love top compensation and A+ benefits for your hard
We think you belong here, do you? Thought so. Let's go!
Responsible for servicing delinquent member loans and depository
products including automobile loans, personal loans, credit cards,
and mortgages. This position also supports fraud
prevention/investigation, debit/credit card disputes,
repossessions, and bankruptcies by working with members and vendors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact members by telephone, email and mail for collection of
delinquent loans, and escalate to Loss Prevention Manager when
- Apply payments to loans and negative deposit accounts
- Gather and track information/promises from members and hold
members accountable regarding payment arrangements to bring loans
- Recommend cars for repossession and send for recovery.
- Recommend loans and negative accounts for monthly charge
- Contact members with negative share accounts for collection
efforts including closing accounts/charging off.
- Work with members on workout programs such as restructures,
skip a pays and re-aging of delinquent loans. Evaluate which
program is appropriate and discuss options with member.
- Collect, underwrite and evaluate documentation to recommend
action to take regarding temporary or permanent loan
- Assist with fraud alerts to determine validity of
- Collect forms and information while working with members
directly on debit card disputes to prepare dispute packets. Follow
up with rebuttal if necessary.
- Process payment protection claims and follow-up with insurance
company when appropriate to assist member with paperwork or
- Have a working knowledge of bankruptcies.
- Interface with assigned attorney offices for demand letters,
judgments and other legal action.
- Other duties as assigned by the Loss Prevention Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent (college degree
preferred) with a minimum of 1 year of experience in banking or
customer service and previous experience working in a financial
Technical / Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and member service
- Able to deal with people in crisis (e.g. bankruptcy,
disability, unemployment, fraud)
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and
collection software applications is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-through
Compensation and Benefits
Andigo is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that
includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance options. A
generous 401(k) and vacation plans.
Andigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or
Please send your resume to Georgia Katsianis at
Keywords: Andigo Credit Union, Schaumburg , Collector, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!