Engineering Manager - Product Realization
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: April 27, 2021
The New Product Development Engineering Manager is responsible
for managing the design of new products for manufacturing at
G&W Electric Co. This work includes leading projects and a
team of Engineers to design new to the world products that
will allow G&W Electric Co. to expand on its product offerings
and deliver world-class solutions to its
- Management of multi-facility global design teams in a
- Guide, coach and mentor project and functional based
- Preparation and monitoring of project budgets in the area of
- Ensure departmental project designs meet requirements of
specification and standards while promoting error-proof assembly.
Responsible for coordination with specification writers to ensure
- Ensure engineering team utilize Lean design and manufacturing
processes and follow good design control practices.
- Deliver innovative designs that meet profit, cost, quality, and
- Oversee validation and testing of components/system or
assemblies as required in the development and approval
- Ensure designs follow established procedures for the creation
and maintenance of CAD databases and libraries including final
approval of applicable drawings.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the project.
- Development of test plan creation based on D/PFMEA and in line
with project specifications, industry standards, and G&W
reliability and validation requirements.
- Work with third-party vendors and/or partners to develop
high-quality, lowest-cost design options.
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material
requirements, test results, and project activity as required.
Create/revise G&W standards as needed.
- Continuously improve engineering processes including DFX,
project and product costs, quality, and project lead times.
- Participate in industry organizations (associations, standards
committees, etc) to stay informed of and to influence industry
- Provide Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and
Manufacturing on new and existing products and processes. Help to
train departmental teams on the application and customer use of
- Develop direct reports’ work skills to improve department
quality, throughput and to reduce scrap/rework. Work with
individuals regarding company competencies and personal growth
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Engineering design and/or
development leading highly technical and innovative projects.
- Project management, team management, root-cause analysis, and
computer analysis programs
- Experience with Medium/high voltage electrical power
- Experience leading and reviewing DFMEA, PFMEA, and PPAP process
- Experience developing projects within a Stage-Gate Process
- Proven experience with computers; Microsoft Office, Microsoft
Project, or equivalents.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge in the following categories per
- Mechanical: Molded Components and polycarbonate housings or
Mechanism Design, castings, and metal fabricated parts.
- Electrical: Current and Voltage Sensors, Power Systems
(Protection, System Analysis, and System Fault Response)
- Demonstrated ability to write/edit technical documents; test
reports, engineering standards, industry technical papers.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
Physical Demands / Working
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All employees and applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any
other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Schaumburg , Engineering Manager - Product Realization, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!