Electrical Design Engineer - Manufacturing
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Switchgear Electrical Design Engineer II is responsible for
the design, integration, and application of control cabinets and
electrical components on G&W products. This position is an
integral piece of the entire company network and will work closely
with all departments through their designs and engineering
skillset. They are directly involved in the hardware design of
control cabinets, software programming for intelligent distribution
relays, specifying and design of networking systems and cabling,
SCADA systems and signal cabling, and communication with user
interfaced IEDs. G&W is looking for a highly motivated
individual to join our fast pace work environment that affords
plenty of consistent learning opportunities and problem-solving
- Consult with Sales and Marketing, customers, and customer
representatives to discuss product requirements, applications, and
specifications when design or manufacturing problems are
- Provide Engineering support to Manufacturing and Development
Engineering on new and existing products and processes.
- Establish product specifications and standards
- Manage projects of all sizes with little to no
- Organize, supervise and guide a team of engineers to perform
Product Engineering functions:
- Simplify product designs for improved manufacturability and
reduce cost without compromising product quality and function.
- Define processes, select materials, and provide analysis in the
improvement or application of new or existing products and
processes. Interface with purchasing and vendors in the selection
and approval of component parts and assemblies. Construct and test
prototype components or assemblies as required in the development
and approval process.
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material
requirements, test results, and project activity as required.
- Provide direction to lower-level technical personnel such as
Electrical Engineers and Designers
- Evaluate the performance of subordinates against their job
requirements and performance goals within the time frame designated
for their position level.
- Develop the employees' work skills to improve department
throughput and quality.
- Use Daily Management activities to drive the overall
performance of the team, including quality, productivity, lead
time, strategic initiatives, and meeting internal and external
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering. In addition, 3+
years' work experience in Electrical Engineering design or
Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Experience creating drawings, models, assemblies, and Schematic
creation on CAD software, Creo Schematics preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to
coordinate the activities within the team comprised of diverse
tasks and demanding schedules.
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in electrical and basic mechanical
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel
- Experience in circuit design and analysis, PLC/Logic
programming and electronic control design.
- Experience leading Lean and/or continuous improvement
- Knowledge of and experience with power engineering systems
- Previous experience in an Engineered-to-Order and/or
- DC circuit design.
- Three-phase power systems.
- One-Line Diagram experience.
- Experience in design or implementation of Instrument
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and applicants will receive consideration for
employmentwithout regard to age, color, disability, gender national
origin, race religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by
federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Schaumburg , Electrical Design Engineer - Manufacturing, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!