Posted on: May 3, 2021
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work
smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for
getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11
years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that
allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving
everyone - at any skill level - the ability to make real
discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes.
We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries
with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are
interesting, please read on - we may be looking for you!
QlikTech Inc. is looking to fill a Corporate Counsel position in
its U.S. legal team. This position will be responsible for handling
transactional work, including drafting and negotiating complex SaaS
and software license agreements, consulting services agreements,
and vendor agreements, as well as general advisory support on
intellectual property matters, privacy compliance and related
issues. The Corporate Counsel will also actively support Qlik's
global partner and alliance programs, The Corporate Counsel will
work with global stakeholders, with transactional work focused in
the Americas. This position will be responsible for working closely
with the field to ensure transactions help achieve business goals
within acceptable risk tolerances and in accordance with corporate
policies. Further, this position will be responsible for working
closely with senior business leaders in implementing legal
procedures and processes that are aligned with key business
objectives. This position will be located at Qlik's headquarters in
King of Prussia, PA or as a remote position.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Negotiate SaaS, software license and services contracts, and
- Design, develop and draft global partner and alliance program
documents and agreements. Negotiate OEM and other partner
agreements and related matters.
- Work closely with the sales, partner and alliance organizations
and finance teams to ensure that transactions meet business and
- Interface with sales, services, management and other business
stakeholders to provide general support on legal issues on license
compliance, transactions, privacy, security and IP. Anticipate
problems and identify solutions/initiate actions to minimize risk
and resolve in accordance with company policies. Provide training
and enablement to the legal team, field sales and operations.
- Negotiate marketing and vendor agreements and train field
marketing and procurement organizations regarding policies and
- Support other business lines as necessary, such as global
education and consulting services, with form agreements, policies
and procedures and negotiating contracts.
- Collaborate with legal colleagues and business stakeholders
with respect to contract templates, manuals, policies or other
materials and ensure regional/global consistency.
- Special projects as needed.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Must have a JD with demonstrated achievement from an accredited
law school and be admitted to a state bar.
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years transactional experience,
including significant experience with SaaS and software agreements.
Preference for experience at a software company or in a
technology-related practice at a reputable law firm. Privacy law
experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as communication and
negotiation skills. Business level English mandatory. Business
level Portuguese or Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Efficient, collaborative and organized worker with an ability
to multitask on a multitude of matters under significant time
pressure with attention to detail.
- Independent thinking and strong analytic skills and business
USA -King of Prussia, or Remote
- Qlik Company Page - Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast,
Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture - we give you a day to
change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to
participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminateon the basis ofany protected category or
characteristic.We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need
assistance due to disability during the application and/or
recruiting process, please contact us via theAccessibility Request
AGENCIES: Qlikis not accepting unsolicited assistance from
search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone
calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee atQlikvia-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method
without a valid written search agreement in place for this position
will be deemed the sole property ofQlik. No fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired byQlikas a result ofthe referral or
through other means.
Keywords: Qlik, Schaumburg , Corporate Counsel, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!