NPD Electrical Project Engineer II
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Support product realization through cross-functional team
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks, assisting other
members of the team, and helping to ensure project completion in
accordance with the schedule.
- Assist with development of schedules, help to coordinate and
- Assists with the preparation of project budgets.
- Assists with completion of the Product Development Stage Gate
- Understand and actively manage system-level design requirements
for switchgear control cabinets including enclosure selection and
layout design (temperature management, environmental ratings),
wiring and termination design, relay integration, and relay logic
per specifications and standards. Design to reduce variation while
also promoting automated assembly.
- Responsible for the creation of the engineering test plan for
areas of design responsibility.
- Construct and test prototype components or assemblies as
required in the development and approval process.
- Responsible for performing pre-test calculations and helping to
review test data in relation to calculations and standards.
- Perform engineering analysis in the design of new products and
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on new and
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material
requirements, test results, and project activity as required.
- Interface with purchasing and vendors in the selection and
approval of component parts and assemblies.
- Provide Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and
Manufacturing on new and existing products and processes.
- Give direction to supporting personnel such as Associate
Engineers, Designers, and Technicians.
- Follow established procedures for the creation and maintenance
of CAD databases and libraries.
- Participate in the review of engineering drawings prior to the
release to manufacture. Responsible for final approval of
- Ensure that selected parts and processes meet project and
company goals for cost efficiency and reliability.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- > 5 years progressive experience in Engineering design
and/or development which includes
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling.
- Experience working on highly technical and involved projects.
Desire to be constantly challenged with new problems.
- Familiar with new product development Stage-Gate Process.
- Effectively communicate; prepare presentations, update reports,
and lead project meetings.
- Technical knowledge in the following categories required:
- AC/DC Power supplies, battery chargers, and surge
- The control layout and design for power systems.
- Motor operators, current and voltage sensing, the impact of
grounding and voltage surges, and powers systems.
- Able to use appropriate small hand and power tools.
- Experience designing for and testing to IEEE and IEC Relay
- Proven experience with computers; Microsoft Office, Microsoft
- Able to write technical documents, like test reports,
engineering standards, and technical papers.
- Able to read and interpret technical standards.
- Experience with DFMEA strongly preferred.
- ProE/Creo and Finite Element a plus.
- Medium/high voltage electrical power systems.
- The ideal candidate will have a history of creativity,
innovation, and initiative. A self-starter drivento learn new
Physical Demands / Working
- General Office Environment, PC use.
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less).
- Heavy Lifting (frequent 25 lbs +).
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and applicants will receive consideration for
employmentwithout regard to age, color, disability, gender national
origin, race religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by
federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Schaumburg , NPD Electrical Project Engineer II, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!