Project Manager - New Product
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: May 30, 2021
The Project Manageris responsible for
the overall scope, schedule, cost management, risk management, and
communication activities for the assigned development projects. The
Project Manager also ensures that all customer and company cost,
quality, and timing requirements are satisfied. Additionally the
Project Manager will manage the design process of new productsfor
manufacturing at G&W facilities or third parties and will
ultimately be accountablefor the performance and results of project
- Establish and lead a multidisciplinary global team in the
development of new and innovative products. Work collaboratively
with all stakeholders (including Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply
Chain, Aftermarket Service, Quality, Finance, Product Management,
and Marketing) to ensure the successful delivery of the
- Manage the schedule, scope, budget and staffing to ensure the
project stays on track and within commitments.
- Responsible for coordination of resources and completion of
Product Realization Stage Gate requirements.
- Manage project risks through identification, prioritization,
and mitigation events. Develop critical path analyses to manage the
project critical path items, accelerate timelines, reduce costs,
and/or mitigate risks.
- Support the development of project management best practices,
processes, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for reviewing projects and processes against
project and company goals for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Communicate project information within the team, to management,
and to other stakeholders through formal and informal presentations
- Collect information for on-going data mining and analysis to
ensure effective problem solving, solution design, and improved
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material
requirements, test results and project activity as required. Create
/ revise G&W standards as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field
required. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- At least 5 years of project management experience in a highly
technical product development role.
- Preferred experience in development of at least one of the
following: Distribution or Transmission power equipment, Protective
relays, or Custom engineered industrial products.
- Strong understanding of good development engineering processes
such as lean product development, Design for Manufacturing (DFM)/
Assembly (DFA)/ Excellence (DFX), Six Sigma and Lean concepts.
- Experience with industry quality actions such as PPAP and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, facilitation, and arbitration skills.
- Demonstrated ownership of tasks from cradle to grave, a driver
mentality, and effective time management skills.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Proven experience with computers; Microsoft Office, Microsoft
Project or equivalents.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender,
national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification
protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Schaumburg , Project Manager - New Product, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!