Experienced Application Engineer
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Reporting to the Application Engineering Manager, Application
Engineers play a critical role within our organization. They are
responsible for the interpretation of customer specifications,
plans, and project requirements. The Application Engineer analyzes
technical specifications and drawings to select the most
appropriate G&W product for the application and market. Our
custom engineering capabilities allow for creative solutions that
allow us to satisfy nearly any application or customer need. An
appreciation for deep technical knowledge of the product,
distribution switchgear applications, and market conditions are
needed to excel in this position as well as an equal balance of
negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Fully determine the technical and commercial requirements of
- Select the appropriate G&W product to meet these
- Develop accurate cost models for both standard and custom
- Determine and negotiate price levels and lead times.
- Communicate these requirements to G&W’s Order Management
team for engineering and manufacturing.
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and present customer sales
- Partner with customers and our engineering team to develop
custom solutions that satisfy their needs.
- Manage the commercial and technical aspects of the
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our internal
resources and Sales Team.
- Provide timely and effective verbal and written communication
to our internal resources and Sales Team.
- Collaborating with Application Engineering management to
improve department quality, throughput and to reduce
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering or
Mechanical Engineering from a four-year accredited college – A
concentration in Power Engineering is highly desired.
- 5 years of experience in an Application Engineering role.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Strong computer proficiency.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Experience with switchgear, reclosers, SF6 insulated, and
dielectric insulated switches
Physical Demands / Working
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender
national origin, race religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification
protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Schaumburg , Experienced Application Engineer, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!