Tech Cyto Accessioning II - Schaumburg, IL req66627
Schedule: On call, Tuesday to Saturday 2:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and
Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services
to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often
serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require
sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about
providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in
the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and
knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about
the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our
success and provide a critical service responding to the often
pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it
offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession
offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a
competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own
The Cytology Accessioning Technician II in Specimen Processing
is responsible for knowing all of the functions of the CAT I, plus
additional functions. This individual will have completed the
necessary training consistent with local business unit practices
for Specimen Processing and/or Cytology Accessioning. Prior to
promotion to this level, the CAT II must show a strong proficiency
in the following areas: Test ordering policy, specimen requirements
related to test ordering. Additionally, must meet accuracy and
production standards, and must meet all the job accountabilities
and job requirements/environment indicated in the CAT I job
description. The CAT II is involved in more complex processing
which could include cross-training in Clinical Processing. Specific
functions will require additional access in the laboratory computer
system. Progression to this level requires that incumbent have a
minimum of 1 year experience within the Specimen Processing or
Cytology Accessioning department. Additionally, promotion to this
level is normally given to internal candidates only.
- All responsibilities of the CAT I.
- Exceeds productivity and quality standards for CAT I.
- Solves more complex problems on a routine basis.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of how Cytology Accessioning
impacts the Cytology Processing area.
- Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information
etc. and assigns the appropriate TIQ, and in some cases resolve
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered
and specimens received.
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and
within the assigned time frame.
- Meets quality and production standards within 6 months of
- Learn additional functions within Cytology Accessioning and or
Specimen Processing to allow for timely progression to the next
- Adheres to all Quest Diagnostics, Inc. policies and procedures,
including safety and compliance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
- Maintains composure while working under pressure.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what
action to take when resolving problems.
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive
- Demonstrates flexibility and is able to adapt to change
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience
usually obtained by:
- High School or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 years' experience in a laboratory
environment or a production setting.
- Medical background required which includes medical terminology
applicable to a clinical laboratory.
- Position requires strong data entry experience with abilities
to exceed 6000 keystrokes/hour.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest
Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities /
Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or