Tech Cyto Accessioning I- Schaumburg, Illinois
Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Tech Cyto Accessioning I- Schaumburg, Illinois
Tech Cyto Accessioning I- Schaumburg, Illinois - Tuesday to
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and
Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services
to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often
serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require
sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about
providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in
the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and
knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about
the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our
success and provide a critical service responding to the often
pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it
offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession
offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a
competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own
The CAT I is responsible for general support functions within
the Cytology Accessioning Department. This position requires a data
entry background. Functions performed may include but are not
limited to entering patient data into the LIS, presort, pickup and
delivery of processed specimens to the laboratory or Cytology
processing, imaging/microfilming. All functions must be performed
with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Job is complex
and requires that employee have good organization skills and is
able to learn and understand specimen types related to test(s)
ordered by client. The CAT I must have to the ability learn and
understand the compliance regulations related to test ordering
which may change on a daily basis. This position is critical to
quality for customer satisfaction. Additionally, since many changes
do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the CAT
I is required. The CAT I will be exposed to many different demands
made by the customer. The CAT I may work on the day, night, or the
afternoon shift. Based on staffing needs weekends, holidays, on
call and overtime may be a requirement. Department is a production
environment, with emphasis on productivity/quality standards and
departmental completion times.
- Responsible for all responsibilities of the Cytology
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the
CAT I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in
Specimen Processing fit together.
- Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information
etc. and assigns the appropriate TIQ, and in some cases resolves
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies
related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to
research test ordering information on translation tables, computer
system, and the directory of services.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered
and specimen received.
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and
within the assigned timeframe
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance
- Learns additional functions within Cytology Accessioning to
allow timely progression to the next level.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
- Maintains composure while working under pressure.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what
action to take when resolving problems.
- Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance
policies and procedures.
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience
usually obtained by:
- High School or equivalent
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology
applicable to a clinical laboratory.
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
- Position requires data background with abilities to enter 6000
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest
Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities /
Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Schaumburg , Tech Cyto Accessioning I- Schaumburg, Illinois, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!