Company: Swiss Re
Posted on: June 5, 2021
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance,
insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working
to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide
variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and
cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions
for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of
more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and
adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the role:
The Technical Associate is responsible for providing support to
Swiss Re's Client Market Underwriting Teams, covering the US,
Canada & EC Non-Life Treaty markets. As a Technical Associate, s/he
will ensure that client market underwriting activities are
performed accurately, efficiently and according to relevant
timelines. The role will report to the Business Services Team
Leader responsible for this department.
- Provides treaty underwriter support for non-client facing
activities including submission set up, underwriting support,
expertise with our tools, records management and processes for
Market UW/Underwriting and for Business Services.
- Responsible for data quality and entry in our underwriting and
client management tools and systems including migration, roll out
and clean-up projects. Monitors and maintains adherence to internal
systems guidelines and participates as a member of the system's
Business Experts community.
- Compliance Support - helps to ensure compliance with ORM, such
as PNOC, 9 Month Compliance, Deal Status Monitoring, Contract
Certainty and other governance requirements.
- Contract review and comparison, including referring changes in
the contract back to the treaty Underwriter. Needs to be able to
read contracts and make basic extrapolations as to how they should
be entered into our various systems.
- Responsible for Business Services projects, and general systems
- Assists / supports with reporting
- RICH - new entry and data clean-up projects as needed
- Contract Editor, IUF and WIRE - data entry/local representative
- Records management - in force and legacy - shared drives,
SharePoint, and OneDoc system
About the Team:
The position is part of the larger Business Services Team.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent is highly preferred
and higher education such as an MBA is valued
- A strong customer focus and service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to transfer knowledge and experience to
- Ability to complete work independently or in cooperation with
others on well-defined tasks in a project and some
- (Re)insurance knowledge and/or actuarial studies a plus
- Reliable and self-reliant task manager
- Strong data analytics capabilities preferred
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Strong Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint skills preferred
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to
recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual
orientations, marital status, military status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely
based on an individual's qualifications for the position being
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for
disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an
interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the
Reference Code: 101009
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Underwriter, Actuarial, Compliance, Accounting, HR,
Insurance, Legal, Finance, Human Resources
Keywords: Swiss Re, Schaumburg , Technical Associate, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!