Entry Level Carrier Sales
Company: NFI Industries
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Entry Level Carrier Sales is responsible for sourcing,
onboarding, and developing the new carrier relationships for NFI's
Brokerage division. The focus of this position is to begin
relationships with carriers novel to NFI that fit the ideal carrier
profile. This role reports to the Capacity Manager or the Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using tools provided to them, researchers and analyzes the
suitability of carriers, in order to identify and secure carrier
partners that fit NFI Brokerage's ideal carrier profile.
- Understand the requirements for an ideal carrier within NFI's
standard carrier qualifications and use discretion in analyzing and
selecting carrier targets to bring to the NFI carrier network.
- Develop a committed carrier base to strategically engage with
incoming RFP's and transactional business sourced via
- Develop & maintain a pipeline of targeted carriers that fits
NFI Brokerage's ideal carrier profile and will offer value to our
- Consistently close new business while working with the CaAM
team to maintain business already brought into the NFI Brokerage
- Working with the carrier account management team, partner to
ensure a successful transition of newly won carrier partners.
- Identify key lanes for potential partner carriers and work with
the customer sales and account management teams to target customers
that might help fill those lanes.
- Use systems and market knowledge to negotiate network rates,
spot rates, and capacity with carriers to introduce them to NFI
Brokerage's business model.
- Work with the new employees as operations people for their
business in an effort to train and develop them for future
positions with NFI Brokerage.
- Meet with carriers to focus on continuing needs as well as to
better understand and effectuate the synergy with NFI
- BA or BS Degree preferred
- 2 - 5 years Brokerage experience preferred working with
domestic truckload providers.
- Self-motivated, sales, and customer service orientation
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment that involves
learning and using multiple applications and handling a high volume
of phone calls
- Proficient in using MS Office Applications (Word, Excel,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Rudimentary knowledge of TMS programs used for brokerage
- Market knowledge of truckload lanes and rates
- Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring
new skills as required by demands of the business or
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on shipment
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any
employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search
firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the
internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole
property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were
engaged by NFI for this position and a valid
Keywords: NFI Industries, Schaumburg , Entry Level Carrier Sales, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!