Senior Underwriter, Professional Liability
Company: The Hartford
Posted on: June 7, 2021
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue
meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only
at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that
sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
We're in the business of helping people achieve amazing things
by protecting the things that matter most. And you can help us when
you join our team of underwriters. They're at the center of
everything we do - and by joining us, you'll be on a team known
throughout the industry for providing our customers with the right
amount of coverage they need to pursue their unique interests.
Your underwriting career here means collaboration, inclusivity,
innovative thinking and so much more. Here, doing things the way
they've always been done isn't a part of the job. Here, you'll be
putting your creative insights to work with other underwriters and
leaders, having a seat at the table with key decision makers. And
you'll have any number of opportunities for your career to grow in
whatever direction you choose.
As a Senior Underwriter within the Retail E&O open-brokerage
team of our Financial Lines Division, your primary role will be to
underwrite and actively pursue new business opportunities, managing
an existing book of renewal business, providing a high level of
service to the needs of our Retail brokerage partners and working
in collaboration with other Underwriting Teams within The Hartford
to generate/support cross-sell initiatives. The Senior Underwriter
will serve as a key member of The Hartford Financial Lines local
region, reporting directly to the Managing Director of the Retail
E&O open-brokerage team. The Retail E&O open-brokerage team
focuses on Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL), MPL/Cyber
combination, Accountants Professional, and Excess Lawyer's
Professional products. This Senior Underwriter role will be focused
on the Southeast region.
We'll Be a Good Match if You Have:
- A customer-first mindset, putting our customers at the center
of everything you do.
- Highly energetic, self-motivating and driven to find solutions
- A passion for making decisions through both analyzing data and
employing critical thinking skills.
- A team spirit and desire to work collaboratively.
- A financial mindset to help make the best decisions in order to
balance growth and profitability.
- Ability to own our work and following through on
- Ability to decipher and execute within a fluid and changing
- An understanding of how to build relationships and trust among
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred, or equivalent combination
of education, training and experience
- 3 + years of Professional Liability or Financial Lines
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid
relationships with all internal and external business partners
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation
- An ability to think analytically about business problems, make
recommendations and propose solutions.
- Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk
- Goal-oriented and delivers outcomes
- Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win
- Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and
- Position may be filled at a different level, depending on
Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Senior Underwriter - UC08BE
Keywords: The Hartford, Schaumburg , Senior Underwriter, Professional Liability, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!