Senior Product Manager
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Sr. Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for driving the
roadmap and managing one or more products and services including
lifecycle management, leading ideation and innovation, and
delivering performance through a cross-functional team.
The Senior Product Manager must ensure that their products
deliver customer and business value and that the value is well
articulated, communicated, and understood by both customers and
This is a hands-on position based in Chicago, currently working
remotely but will become a hybrid role (remote + office), in the
future. 0-15% travel expected.
- Own the overall user experience associated with products under
- Become the expert in the customers and users of your product,
including spending a meaningful amount of time with them to develop
a deep understanding of their needs.
- Own, lead and socialize the continual evolution of your
product’s vision and roadmap, ensuring that they meet customer and
user needs while also achieving the company’s strategic goals.
- Lead rich discovery processes, including market opportunities,
user/customer research and prototyping to identify, evaluate and
define a value proposition, features, and functionality that are
valuable, usable and feasible.
- Grow and refine product backlog by prioritizing against short-
and long-term value delivery.
- Collaborate with Development, Design and other team members
throughout product definition and project delivery.
- Define, maintain and internalize product KPIs, using them to
measure/report progress and to align product development to
- Ensure the success of your products while achieving increased
- Work with key stakeholders, taking direction and delegating
decision-making as appropriate, but ultimately owning
responsibility for decisions within your products.
- Bring innovation to bear on the company's products and their
ability to serve customers/users.
- Evaluate partner/competitor activities for opportunity and
- Work with Marketing and Sales / Business Development to
identify and assess opportunities and to test and bring products to
- Manage and mentor one or more direct reports taking
responsibility for their growth, development, and
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- -7+ years of digital product management experience with proven,
measurable success in developing and expanding products.
- 5+ years of experience with AGILE development
- Direct experience and passion for building mobile experiences
including strong knowledge of the mobile consumer space and app
ecosystems (iOS, Android).
- Thrive in a self-start environment leading others to accomplish
company and product goals through teamwork.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs,
and customer expectations.
- Experience in gathering detailed product requirements and
formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Must be focused on customer/user needs and experience.
- Must be able to manage business priorities against the needs of
customers, users, internal constituents, and business partners.
Must be able to coherently discuss and differentiate opportunity,
value, and revenue.
- Excellent creativity, innovation, management and organizational
- Action oriented; demonstrated ability to translate strategic
differentiators into products and features that launch.
- Metrics and outcome driven; bias towards testing, measuring
results, and iterating for maximum growth efficiency; experience in
using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of
customer and business value.
- Technical fluency; comfortable discussing architectural
concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team
- Experience in developing products for emerging markets together
with the understanding of the approach required for this is highly
- Technical background or technical degree is very helpful for
- Experience in insurance, warranty, managed services, or
mobile/wireless industry preferred.
- Experience developing and launching B2B SAAS and/or API-first
- Extensive understanding of mobile and technology industry and
emerging trends is a plus.
- Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience)
versus time-to-market trade-offs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to guide
cross-functional teams through influence versus direct
- Superb follow-through, problem-solving and communications
- Professional with mature business judgment and strong
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and
Keywords: Assurant, Schaumburg , Senior Product Manager, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!