Sr Mgr Service Integrity & Restor Engrg
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Sr Mgr Service Integrity & Restor Engrg - ENG001767
The Sr. Manager Service Integrity and Restoration Engineering is
responsible for leading highly technical teams comprised of
geographically remote engineers. This position is responsible for
delivering on the overall strategy and building/maintaining the
framework needed to monitor performance through key metrics, and
ensuring team readiness to support existing and new emerging
services and maintenance of the network elements and building
infrastructure/physical plant across the USCC Network. This
includes the IMS and Signaling Core, 5G SA Core, 4G LTE EPC Core,
Virtualized Mobile Core, Subscriber Services and Messaging, Prepay,
Lawful Intercept, 911 Emergency Services, and the Wide Area Network
(WAN) and its interconnecting circuits. This position is
responsible for vendor management/performance and holding them
accountable to SLAs to drive continuous improvement of products and
- Lead the reliability and restoration engineering organization
responsible for the fast restoration. Lead critical outage
restoration efforts for severity 1, 2, 3 and Sev 1-IM incidents for
customer impacting issues within a 24x7 working environment.
- Drive RCAs and Continuous Service Improvement initiatives
identified from the RCAs.
- Monitor, maintain, and operate the national network
infrastructure (Data Centers/RCCs/LCCs) to meet network
availability and reliability objectives to ensure the products and
services U.S. Cellular provides operate as designed.
- Utilize best practices standards bodies and new industry
concepts such as ITSM, eTOM, DevOps, develop operation and
maintenance plans for all platforms of responsibility and provide
operational support for all voice, data, 3G, 4G and 5G
- Develop organizational key performance indicator (KPI) metrics
to measure the overall results and develop remediation and
- Build tools and methods that identifies issues preemptively to
minimize impact to customers and services.
- Support national/best practice network and organizational
processes, Change Management, Testing and Service Validation
procedures and playbooks that will allow the team to function more
efficiently and productively. Develop organizational key
performance indicator (KPI) metrics to measure the overall results
and develop remediation and improvement plans.
- Drive development of service failover procedures for all
production voice, data and enhanced data related network services.
Ensure they are kept up to data and tested at regular intervals
trough planned and organic execution for continuous
- Utilize KPIs and vendor performance indicators for key vendors
to include quarterly business reviews that focus on quality of
product, roadmap of new product, and feedback from U.S. Cellular
for major vendors holds vendors to SLAs and engaged in contract
- Drive leader and associate development plans to ensure there is
continuous learning objectives and plans being followed to build
and advance technical acumen and leadership skills.
- Prepare, review, and manage the annual Capital and Opex budgets
for the Support organization and ensure that the budget meets the
- Bachelor's degree (Electrical Engineering, IT, CS or related
discipline) or minimum of 12 years' experience in wireless
telecommunications, data networking, or operations; or equivalent
work or military experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experienced at using performance
indicators to measure the overall results and develop remediation
and improvement plans.
- Qualified candidates should have experience using Tableau and
others visual analysis platform to develop and manage KPI for the
end to end network performance
- Ability to develop organizational key performance indicator
(KPI), key quality indicators (KQI) and service quality measures
- Strong foundation in technical aptitude in critical areas such
as 5G Core, 4G/LTE, data networking, programing languages, tapping
infrastructure and tools, analytical and automation practices.
- Qualified candidate should have demonstrated technical
management experience in cross functional domains ranging from
telecommunications through IP/Networking/LAN/WAN technologies.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of ITIL framework of
- Candidate must be a strong communicator, presenting technical
topics in a business-oriented fashion to non-technical audiences,
building partnerships throughout the organization
- Ability to build cross-functional teams and develop
transformational organizational strategies is required
- Ability to be a leader who can set and/or implement strategy
and course of action, and hold associates accountable for
performance, is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are
- Expert at managing large capital and expense budgets with the
ability to do minimal financial analysis and business case
- Travel required
- Experience in software development particularly in areas of
Agile and DevOps
Job : Engineering
Location(s) : Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL
U.S. Cellular - is an EEO employer and gives consideration to
qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: UScellular, Schaumburg , Sr Mgr Service Integrity & Restor Engrg, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!