Bakery Mixer Operator 1st Shift $17.53
Company: Nation Pizza and Foods
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Position Summary: The Bakery Mixer Operator is responsible for
scaling and mixing all ingredients asprescribed by the Bill of
Materials (BOM) in a fast paced work environment. Essential Duties
- Operates all scales, meters, mixers, dough hoist and related
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area.
- Requests the Bill of Materials (BOM) from Gatekeeper/Lead for
the product in production.
- Requisitions the required ingredients stated on the BOM from
- Checks that the ingredients staged by the Gatekeeper match the
ingredients requested in the BOM.
- Mixes the ingredients loaded into the mixers in accordance to
the BOM and approved standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Works with the Gatekeeper to ensure pallet quantities match tag
quantities for any ingredients returning to the warehouse or
ingredients that are passed to the next shift.
- Performs setups and breakdowns for the mixing area
- Accurately weighs all relevant ingredients, including but not
limited to re-work dough, small ingredients, etc.
- Ensures that all containers are labeled, color coded and
handled properly using established methods and procedures.
- Records necessary batch information including but not limited
to, ingredient lot numbers, temperatures and machine settings.
- Loads ingredients into main mixer from auxiliary mixers,
hoppers, conveyors, scales, meters, buckets or similar
- Ensures that outer layer of ingredient packaging is cleaned and
removed prior to using.
- Ensures that all necessary equipment needed for the next
production run is ready, clean, and in working order prior to the
start of that product.
- Sets timers and programs on mixer or associated panels prior to
starting the mixer.
- Operates auxiliary equipment to hoist and dump dough for
- Cleans mixer and maintains a clean work area on a daily
- Meets established goals and objectives as it relates to the
consistency and materials needed
- Sets outputs for the mixing area.
- Ensures final product is meeting costumers' specifications as
it relates to temperatures, dough consistency, and other dough
related quality attributes.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention
to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with
all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's
(Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or
safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and experience: Education: - High school, GED or
equivalent. Skills and Experience: - One to three months of food
manufacturing orpackaging experience. - Abilityto work overtime,
irregular hours or rotating shifts. - Ability to speak, write and
understand English. - Ability to communicate andwork effectively
with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant. - Ability
to read and interpret documents such assafety rules, operating
instructions, formulas, and policy and proceduresmanuals. - Ability
to write standard information intorelated paperwork. - Ability to
add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measureincluding but not limited to pounds, ounces, grams, using
whole numbers, commonfractions, decimals, and temperatures. -
Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment. Physical
demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met byan employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand,walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands tofinger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls. The employee isoccasionally required to sit; reach with
hands and arms; climb or balance;stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or
smell. The employee must be able to lift and/ormove up to 50 pounds
unassisted, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 2,200pounds
with lifting equipment or with assistance. Specific vision
abilities required by thisjob include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: While performing the
duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a
plantproduction environment. The noise levelin the work environment
is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the
plant, the employeeregularly works near moving mechanical parts.
The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles.
Employee may be exposed to extreme hot orcold temperatures that
range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to overninety (90)
degrees Fahrenheit. Thenoise level in the work environment is
usually moderate to loud. While in theplant, the employee is
required to utilize the required personal protectiveequipment.
Organizational Structure: The Bakery Mixer Operatorwill report
directly to the Bakery Supervisor. PI177325654
Keywords: Nation Pizza and Foods, Schaumburg , Bakery Mixer Operator 1st Shift $17.53, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!