Forklift Operator 2nd shift $18.75+75=19.50
Company: Nation Pizza and Foods
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads production schedule, customer orders, work orders,
picklists, shipping orders or requisition to determine items to be
moved, gathered or distributed.
- Distributes materials and items from receiving or production
areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in
bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in designated areas.
- Maintains proper FEFO (First Expiration in First Out) staging
at all times to ensure all items are staged in the order in which
they expire (Oldest to Newest).
- Processes and distributes requisitions, work orders, requests
for materials, or other stock items to other departments.
- Labels materials with barcodes containing identifying
information (item, description, lot, use-by-date and pallet tag
number) on inbound receipts.
- Records amounts of materials or items received and/or
distributed on count sheets and picklists.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards.
- Maintains inventory records through proper scanning, labeling
and storage of product.
- Performs weekly cycle counts of assigned area.
- Completes daily forklift checklist at the beginning of each
- Reports any damage to forklifts, equipment, or product to
- Submits requests to supervisor for any needed maintenance or
repairs on forklifts.
- Cross trains in all duties and responsibilities of all
nonexempt Warehouse positions.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention
to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with
all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's
(Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or
safety-related issues to Management. - Accomplishes all tasks as
appropriatelyassigned or requested. Education, Skills
andExperience: Education: - High School or GED required. - Minimum
of 2 years of previous stand up forklift experience is requiredfor
this position. Skills and Experience: - A forklift certification is
required from Nation Pizza and Foods within48 hours of the start of
their employment. - Previous standup forkliftexperience and
experience with bar coding and automatic data collection wouldbe
helpful. - Ability to work overtime, irregularhours or rotating
shifts. - Excellentorganizational skills as well multi-tasking
skills. - Strong verbal and written communication skills. -
Proficiency with basic office equipment. - Must understandnumbers
and apply basic statistics. - Ability tocompute by adding,
subtracting and averaging numbers. - Ability toanalyze, interpret,
correlate, and present data. - BilingualEnglish/Spanish skills
helpful. - Ability to communicate andwork effectively with a
variety of diverse individuals within the plant andcorporate
environments. - Proficiency inMicrosoft applications. - Ability to
thrivein a constantly changing environment. Compensation--- Average
annual salary: $35,000 - $45,000/year which includes:--- Hourly pay
of $18.25 an hour plus.75 premium shift, based on experience---
Overtime after 40 hours per week; average work week 40-50 hours per
week--- Opportunities for advancement positions paying
$50K-$60K/year Benefits--- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and
Voluntary Life) - 1st of the month following 60 days--- PTO - 8
Personal after 60 days and begin earning additional PTO after 180
days of employment
- 401K Saving and Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement Work Schedule for the Order Selector
Utility Picker Warehouse--- 5-day work week; Rotating--- Work
12:30pm - 9:00 pm or until the work is completed, typically 8-12
hours per day--- Scheduled work days may include holidays, but will
include holiday pay--- Must be flexible with work schedule;
scheduled work days/times can vary Please apply by forwarding copy
of resume or call Recruiting Department, 847-348-7179.
Keywords: Nation Pizza and Foods, Schaumburg , Forklift Operator 2nd shift $18.75+75=19.50, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!