Posted on: June 15, 2022
We're forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our
own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every
challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can't do it alone. We know
when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with
smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it's in our
DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great
"At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive
global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the
backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners,
and communities to foster a higher performing organization."
-George Kurian, CEO
As a Sales Representative in NetApp's Sales function, you are
responsible for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services
to existing NetApp customers, as well as maintaining positive
on-going relationships to meet evolving customer needs. Your
overall focus areas will be in prospecting, developing business,
responding to RFP's, developing proposals for presentation to
customers, and selling Products and Services. Cross-functional
teams from NetApp's Marketing, Systems Engineering and Product
Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage
to attain and exceed sales performance goals. You will utilize your
excellent relationship building, negotiating, and technical skills
to be successful in this role.
The essential responsibilities of the Sales Representatives are to
work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities and to
work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees.
Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling
opportunities within existing customer accounts; penetrate new
divisions and organizations within assigned accounts; develop new
selling relationships within assigned partner accounts.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with customers. Other
NetApp sales team members may also participate in the sales call to
help qualify the opportunity.
- Determining if customer has a valid need for NetApp products and
- Proposing an evaluation test project to enable the customer to
test the product or products in their own environment.
- Determining acceptance criteria that a customer could use to
determine the success of an evaluation test project.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with
customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a
formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with customer.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on
their business need.
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with customers
within existing accounts. Ensure that their needs are being
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your
- Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department
and across functions.
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions
solve business problems.
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as
needed to help customer make buying decisions.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, this individual uses
their skills to contribute to the development of company objectives
and principles, and to achieve sales function goals in creative and
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and
large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior
internal personnel within the function, employees in other
functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer
- May successfully coordinate significant projects or initiatives
across functional groups.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since
this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly
influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a
team leader and major decision maker for team projects with
- May supervise other less senior members within same function.
- Min 8 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineer or
Computer Science; or related field is required; a Graduate Degree
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in
technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and
services is required.
Did you know...
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they're 100%
qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift
the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one
knows how to elevate the world's biggest clouds like NetApp. We are
data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and
teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers,
partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off
program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time
off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We
provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans
for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal
services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings
programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
U.S. Residents Only: In accordance with NetApp's Policy, all U.S.
employees of NetApp must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if
they work at a Company location or remotely. If there is a reason
preventing you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, you must
request and be approved for one of the legally acceptable
exemptions and reasonable accommodation must be established.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Computer Science, Product Development, Systems
Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Pre-Sales, Technology,
Engineering, Research, Sales
Keywords: NetApp, Schaumburg , Client Executive, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!