Company: BISCO Dental Products
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you a scientist looking to build a career in the medical
device industry? Do you want to leverage your academic background
into applied research & development? Are you interested in product
development? If you have a strong knowledge of organic and/or
materials chemistry and an interest in industry, we want to talk to
you!Salary range:: $73 to 85K+, commensurate with
experienceBenefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA and
FSA, short and long-term disability, life insurance, PTO, 401(k)
profit-sharing with match, potential year-end bonuses. This person
- Respectful, positive, and a team player
- Adaptable, approachable, and always smiling
- Willing to learn and a quick learner
- Goal-driven, organized and detail-orientedWe are seeking a
Research Scientist to join our R&D team. Individuals should be
an excellent communicator, a team player, independently motivated,
and adaptable to a dynamic workplace environment.
RESPONSIBILITIESThe job responsibilities of this Research Scientist
position may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Technology Development (TD) projects, investigating and
developing new technologies or product concepts; make
recommendations for further product development.
- Collaborate with Product Development (PD) teams and project
managers to effectively transition technology development into
- Perform investigations for product nonconformities.
- Contribute to design change projects.
- Design, synthesize, and characterize materials as projects
- Prepare abstracts, oral presentations, or papers for research
meetings and publications. QUALIFICATIONSRequired
- BS degree in chemistry, polymer science, materials science, or
similar with 6+ years work experience
- Experience operating and performing method development for
- Strong background for organic synthesis, analytical chemistry,
and materials characterization
- Solid documentation and scientific writing skills
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and do not now, and will
not in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status
to work for our company.Preferred
- MS/PhD degree in chemistry, polymer science, materials science,
- Experience with Design Control (medical device
- Experience with general Medical Device regulatory requirements
- Dental industry experienceThis Research Scientist position will
be required to work out of the Schaumburg, IL office. Minimal
domestic travel required (post COVID).WHY BISCO, INC.?Bisco, Inc.
stands out because of our culture and core values:
- Respectful - Professional. Humble. Considerate.
- Positive - Friendly. Inclusive. Curious.
- Team Player - Helpful. Cooperative. Flexible.
- Agility of a small company but the stability of a big
- Industry-leading dental restorative products
- Broad exposure to activities across the company
- Family-oriented environment with positive team players
- Approachable, respectful, and down-to-earth people
- Long-tenured employees to whom the leadership is committed
- Employees feel valued and are proud to be a part of the
- Monthly whole-company fun events!Since 1981, BISCO has provided
innovative dental restorative products to dental customers around
the world. Our primary focus is adhesive and composite technology.
Located northwest of Chicago in Schaumburg, our ISO 13485 certified
facility includes on-site manufacturing and research. Our
privately-owned organization provides the opportunity for a
close-knit environment that encourages inter-departmental
collaboration. For more about us, please visit our website at .This
is an excellent opportunity to make an impact and to grow
professionally, while contributing to the company's success! EOENo
Keywords: BISCO Dental Products, Schaumburg , Research Scientist, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!