Quality Assurance Hygienist
Company: Nation Pizza and Foods
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Position Summary: The Hygienist provides direction / leadership
with the factory GMP's, sanitation, Pest Control and hygienic
design programs. This position ensures that the Quality Management
System is consistently applied throughout the factory within the
guidelines of hygienic practices. The function is the guardian of
Food Safety and compliance monitoring systems administered by the
Quality Department. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of
sanitation/GMP principles, methods, and technology. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key position within the Quality Team providing service and
support to the Operations department and Management staff, aiming
to continuously improve overall hygiene programs and fostering a
cross departmental quality and compliance mind-set.
- Ensures that factory sanitation programs are effectively
implemented, validated, and maintained to ensure that all products
are manufactured in a sanitary and wholesome environment. This
includes assessment of the sanitation and hygiene of the facility
environment (internal/external) as well as the processing and
- Ensures that validated SOP's (Sanitation SOP's) are in place
for all sanitation and cross contact (including allergen)
- Ensures that effective/efficient cleaning frequency is managed
through an MSS (Master Sanitation Schedule).
- Coordinates activities with sanitation manager and operations
required to ensure the consistent use of the program
- Ensures that this cleaning program complies with Nestl--
internal policies and procedures, as well as with any regulatory
(Federal, State, Local) requirements.
- Stays abreast of new government regulations (USDA and FDA) to
ensure we maintain compliance in HACCP and SSOP's.
- Works with Sanitation on investigations, corrective actions,
and follow-up for hard to clean areas.
- Assists with a new product/project, plans plant audits, GMP
training, and developing a GMP audit program.
- Maintains effective relationship with USDA inspectors, responds
to their inquiries and concerns, and monitors NR (Non-compliance
- Actively involved in hygienic design and zoning review process
at the factory for existing and new process equipment as well as
the facility structure, including early management of design and
capital review process.
- Provides leadership/direction in hygienic design.
- Active member of the factory HACCP /Food Safety team. Duties
include supporting PRP verification activities and providing the
link with these activities back to the Food Safety team.
- Ensure that the Cleaning Validation and Allergen Validation
programs meet Nestle and Regulatory guidelines. Also, check on
scheduled program completion by operations management.
- Works with Manager to attain goals, carry out strategies,
plans, and policies to increase profitability and success of the
- Assists in developing and carrying out department's goals,
objectives, and systems.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention
to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with
all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's
(Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or
safety-related issues to Management
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience: Education:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Food Science, Microbiology, Food
Sanitation or other related field preferred. Skills and Experience:
- Prefer individual with AIB/ASI or some other professional
- Prefer individual completed Pest control training (i.e. State
Pesticide Certification, Purdue Correspondence Course).
- Minimum of 5-7 years in Food Plant Sanitation / Supervisory
- Knowledge in Food Safety / HACCP / SS & GMP (Good Manufacturing
- Basic knowledge in Hygienic Design, Quality Management,
Competent in analytical / microbiological lab environment.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with employees.
- Ability to influence and promote change on all levels of the
Keywords: Nation Pizza and Foods, Schaumburg , Quality Assurance Hygienist, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!