Company: Society of Actuaries
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Digital Developer This is a hybrid role which can be based in
our Schaumburg or downtown Chicago office. Under the supervision of
the Manager of Digital Experience, and with leadership from the
Lead Digital Developer, the Digital Developer is responsible for
the execution of work for the Development team to build and
continually improve a user-focused Digital Experience across all
SOA's digital properties. The Digital Developer will also be the
frequent liaison to other teams within SOA regarding production
changes as assigned. Responsibilities
- Completes technical design, development, testing and
implementation of front-end website and app changes based on new
projects or requests as assigned.
and CSS) and similar software to visually display website pages.
May also engage in projects to develop or administer apps.
- Updates documentation for website, apps, website/app technical
details, website change process, etc. as changes arise from
projects or requests.
- When making changes, maintains sanctity of the website and
digital properties, cleanliness of code, and alignment to a
positive user experience, the Digital Strategy as well as
- Liaison to other teams regarding digital changes as assigned.
Proactively communicates digital changes to colleagues in other
departments impacted by the assigned work, coordinates with other
teams as needed to complete assignments, and communicates alignment
to Digital Strategy.
- Utilizes and aligns to the organization's digital asset
management system for photography, illustrations, and web ads.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION(an equivalent amount of training,
education, and experience will be considered)
- College level courses in related field (i.e., web design and
- The equivalent of two years of experience performing either web
design, web production and/or large web technology roles in a team
environment. Desired functions include, but are not limited to, web
designer, web developer, app developer, or project manager.
- The equivalent of two years of experience troubleshooting web
technology issues with internal and external stakeholders.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., communication,
design, technology, or IT project management).
- Experience with graphic design, user experience design, or
iPhone/Android app development a plus. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
ABILITIESincluding competencies that may be representative but not
all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of web design/communication trends and best practices
in mobile-first web and app usability.
Suite, and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Swift a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively establish and
maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues and
external partners. Interpersonal skills include: verbal and
nonverbal communication, listening skills, negotiation, problem
solving, decision making, and assertiveness.
- Strong coordination and time management skills, and the ability
to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Must be a dynamic self-starter, comfortable with taking
- The ability to learn quickly and make situation-appropriate
decisions using sound judgment.
- The ability to think critically and work as part of a
collaborative cross-functional team and drive projects to a
- The ability to identify and execute on opportunities to add
value at the individual, departmental, and organizational
- Working knowledge of web browsers and behaviors on multiple
devices and multiple platforms, and a commitment to user-centric,
mobile-first development principles in alignment with our Digital
- Working knowledge of responsive design techniques and search
- Periodic overnight travel (minimal). SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES AND COORDINATIONrequired to perform the functions
of this job.
- The person in this position will coordinate and drive
collaborative activities with colleagues across departments.
- The person in this position may work with external web
designers and photographers. The SOA will provide equal opportunity
to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of actual
or perceived race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national
origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical), genetic
information, military or veteran status, marital status, order of
protection status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other
category protected by applicable law. Such action shall include but
is not limited to: initial consideration for employment; job
placement and assignment of responsibilities; performance
evaluation; promotion and advancement; compensation and fringe
benefits; training and professional development opportunities;
formulation and application of human resource policies and rules;
facility and service accessibility; and discipline and termination.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested,
subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job
functions described herein may be subject to possible modification
in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Keywords: Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg , Digital Developer, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!