Seasonal Outlet Team Associate, Flex - Woodfield
Posted on: September 16, 2023
- Competitive Pay & Sales Commissions
- Flexible Scheduling
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores About
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet
approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to
make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will
always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the
world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life.
Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and
access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our
colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and
collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background,
thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Seasonal Sales Associate's primary objective is to drive sales
and profit by providing assistance in two functions: Customer
Engagement and Merchandising Efficiency. Customer Engagement:
Seasonal Sales Associates provide outstanding customer service,
sell, and serve the needs of the customer in a manner that is
friendly, efficient, helpful and ensures the customer feels valued.
Merchandising Efficiency: Seasonal Sales Associates are responsible
for various tasks that support store operating efficiency including
pricing, merchandise handling, stock processing, stockroom
organization, floor recovery. Perform other duties as assigned.
Seasonal associates are eligible to receive a bonus incentive upon
completion of their seasonal assignment, colleague discounts and
the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand during the most
exciting time of the year.
Selling Expectations - Customer readiness:
- Consistently deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Perform the F.A.S.T. behavioral expectations of the Outlet
Selling through Service model.
- Exhibit exceptional selling floor behaviors that include eye
contact, confident greeting, appropriate conversation and ability
to connect customer to Outlet Team Member.
- Ensure fitting room behaviors create a clean, neat, easy to
shop environment and demonstrate an urgency to move the goods back
to the selling floor.
- Consistently display behaviors that improve the service
experience with an efficient, swift check out experience, which is
friendly and genuine to include ability to promote participation in
our Loyalty program.
- Perform various points of sale register transactions including
sales, returns, payments and the counting of cash efficiently and
- Responsible for selling floor recovery, to include fold,
straighten and size merchandise to standard.
- Must always have an upbeat, "can do" attitude and the ability
to balance multiple priorities based on the needs of the team.
Merchandising Expectations - Merchandise processing/Operational
- Flexibility to work schedules based on business needs and
inbound truck schedule. Receive and record trailer delivery.
- Offload, sort and prepare merchandise for floor ready
- Assist team members with ensuring items are floor ready,
tagged, and ticketed. Protects Company assets, adhering to all
operational procedures including: Access Control, Merchandise
Protection, Risk Management, Receiving & Processing and Fine
- Maximize stockroom space and maintain the highest level of
organization and efficiency.
- Complete price changes, damages/salvages, job outs.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, neat and organized back office
receiving and stockroom space. Additional Expectations:
- Must adhere to all company standards as provided in the
Employee Handbook. Maintains a clean and safe work
- Regular dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Supports team members, understanding how teamwork plays an
important role in providing a positive customer experience.
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates
strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple
priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends,
and/or holidays. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is
required. Physical Demands
- Constant moving and standing.
- Able to lift 10 lbs.
- Able to reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb
This position may be eligible for performance-based
incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k,
medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO
accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply
based on location, job level, classification, and length of
employment. Click here to see details on benefits.
Keywords: Bloomingdales, Schaumburg , Seasonal Outlet Team Associate, Flex - Woodfield, Other , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!