Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
Company: First Student
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Automotive & Diesel Technician Earn a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!* First
Student, the largest provider of student transportation in North
America, is now hiring a Fleet Technician! First Student is proud
- $20.50 - $28.00 per hour based on experience & qualifications
(NOT flat rate)
- $1,000 Sign on bonus (Expires 10/30/21)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! Auto and Diesel Fleet Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmission clutches and other repairs under direct
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor
approval where required.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required. Auto
and Diesel Fleet Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test. Apply today to join our team! First
Student (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of
school transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across
the US and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe,
reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million
students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and
operate and maintain over 43,000 buses. FirstGroup is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed
to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: First Student, Schaumburg , Automotive and Diesel Mechanic, Professions , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!